Chapter 27

*Eman's POV*

Being apart from Laura wasn't easy. That night at the club should never have happened.

I was in the yard working out on the grass. Halfway through my routine, I stopped to catch my breath, my dad came and sat beside me.

After that incident, I went to stay with my dad. My dad, was one of the most admirable man I could ever look up to. He was wise, strong, hardworking. Everything.

'So tell me about this girl. Laura? I think that's her name.' My dad asked.

I didn't say a word. Not because i didn't want to share with my dad... No no. I just didn't know what to say.

'Cmon boy, how often is it that you fall in love with a bgirl?'

Now hold up a second. How did he know she was a bgirl?

'Dad, how?'

My dad tapped the side of his nose. 'I have my ways. Get up, your friends are waiting for you.'

I stood up and wiped myself down with a towel, heading back inside the house. A blast of cool air hit me as I stepped through the door after being in the sun for about half an hour.

'Eman.'

*Laura's POV*

It had been about a week since Eman came home after the little fight at the club and I was starting to get worried.

Sitting with the Janoskians and Justice Crew boys at breakfast, I was at my wits end. What if Eman was hurt? Or was sick? Or or...

'Damn, calm down girl, you look like a patient with Parkinson's disease.' Skip teased.

I shot him a glare and he immediately looked away.

John set a hand on my back, rubbing and soothing me. Beau wanted to say something, but once I turned to his direction, he decided not to.

Gosh. I was edgy.

'Go get washed up and dressed. I'm taking you to meet somebody.' John tugged on my shirt sleeve.

Chucking on a pair of shorts, singlet and one of Eman's hoodies, I stepped into my dark blue vans and hopped into John's car.

I breathed in deeply. Mmmm. Tropical.

John scoffed.

'What?' I raised my hands. 'I like the smell!'

He ignored me and set his eyes back on the road. An hour passed and I finally asked. 'Where are we going?'

'We gotta go to Nova headquarters to pick a mate up. The rest of it, is a surprise.'

I sat back in my seat and stared out the window. Passing cars, trees, silver lined clouds. It was beautiful.

John parked the car outside the headquarters and went in to call his friend.

*John's POV*

'Hi,' I leaned over the entrance counter to talk to the girl. 'I'm here for somebody.'

'Your name sir.' She replied bluntly, obviously uninterested.

'John, John Pearce.'

Her head shot up. 'Ohmygosh. You're John from Justice Crew!' She literally screamed in my face.

All of a sudden she was being extra nice to me, offering me a drink and all sorts, but all I wanted was to get my friend.

Just when I was about to remind her to call for my friend before she kissed me with her plump lips, somebody called my name from behind.

'Yooooo John, its been a while mate, how have you been?'

'Jayden! My man! Been busy.' I hugged him and brought him to my car.

Laura had moved to the back and was staring out the window, looking at the sky, daydreaming. She didnt see us, but Jayden set his eyes on her the moment he saw her.

'She's the girl you've all been talking about?' I nodded. 'No wonder man, she's beautiful.'

His comment made me smile.

Surprisingly, Jayden wanted to sit at the back with Laura while I drived. I guessed he wanted to keep her company since it was going to be a long journey to our destination.

Throughout the journey, Jayden kept asking her about different things, such as music and dance. Her passions. It was nice hearing her stories.

After a few hours we stopped at a pit stop to relieve ourselves and change drivers. By then, Laura had already passed out in the back. I got in and carefully lifted her head and placed it on my lap, resting my arm on her body.

As Jayden was driving, he looked at us through the mirror.

'What?' I asked him.

He smirked. 'You really like her don't you.'

I turned away, trying to avoid answering the question.

After another few hours, we finally arrived. I woke Laura up and we knocked on the front door of the house.

'Who's there?'

'It's me, John Pearce, sir.'

Mr Rodriguez opened the door and welcomed me with open arms.

He saw Laura and said, 'who is this beautiful young lady?'

Laura smiled shyly and extended an arm to shake Mr Rodriguez's hand. 'Nice to meet you sir, I'm Laura.'

'No no no... We don't shake hands in this family.' Embracing her.

'You must be the girl everybody is talking about. Take a seat, I'll go call me boy.'

-------------

Okay first things first, I'm so sorry I haven't been updating! I've just been so busy and lacking in ideas! This book will be ending soon... But there is gonna be a part 3! Thanks for reading this! Theres about 2-3 chapters more for this.. so stay tuned!

Vote, Comment, Share!(: