Chapter 4

*John's POV*

After dinner with the boys, me and the girls headed to Coles to get some groceries. Ketti sat in the trolley while Li Xuan and Laura whizzed around getting salads, chocolate and lollipops. It was funny because at one point of time, the two girls got distracted by the ice cream section and left Ketti in the trolley at one of the aisles. So, I ended up wheeling the trolley around till we decided it was time to pay.

'That'll be 47.50.' I took my wallet out and handed one of my cards to the cashier.

'You don't have to pay you know.' Laura told me.

I explained to her that it was my treat to welcome her back, but she didn't let me off. She felt bad that I had paid for her and her friends' meals and now I was paying for their groceries. It wasn't a big deal to me, but just to make her feel better, I came up with an idea.

'How about, making things even by cooking dinner tomorrow?' I reasoned.

Laura cocked her head to one side and thought.

I assumed she agreed because not long after, she smiled and took the bags and walked towards the carpark.

Once we got home, the girls unpacked the groceries and chased me to go and take a bath. When I came back down, I saw the girls huddled up on the sofa, and Laura curled up at one corner, fast asleep. Ketti turned to look at me and let out a low whistle. I smirked and went over to Laura, picked her up and carried her upstairs to our room.

Our room. Sounds weird.

I put her on my bed and laying the blanket on her. I thought that it would be awkward sharing bed, so I pulled the mattress out from under my bed and fell asleep.

*Laura's POV*

I woke up and saw that it was already bright outside. I stretched my arms out and yawned, washed up and went downstairs to get something to eat. Ketti and Li Xuan were munching on some bread, but John was nowhere to be seen. Ketti offered me a slice of bread which I gladly accepted.

My mouth full of bread, I asked. 'Where's John?'

Ketti didn't answer me because she was smiling uncontrollably lile a maniac, but Li Xuan pointed to a piece of paper stuck on the fridge.

Hey girls,

Had to leave early in the morning for a few in stores, but I'll be back for dinner(: see you all later, looking forward to tonight! x

John.

I asked them what they were thinking of cooking for tonight, and Ketti was still smiling like a psycho. I couldn't take it anymore. It was getting creepy.

'What is it this time Ketti?'

This time, she grinned even more. 'I saw real abs! Like real cool abs!' Ketti was so excited.

I raised an eyebrow.

Ketti continued. 'Last night shortly after you fell asleep, John came down and carried you to bed... And...'

'And?' I prompted.

'And he was wearing only a pair of shorts.' She finally finished.

So here was my best friend, creepily fangirling about my guy friend. I didn't have anything against it, simply because it was so funny. I imagined Ketti and John as an item and chuckled to myself.

We talked about stuff and filmed a video for our youtube channel until 5, and decided to start preparing dinner. After much teasing, tickling and playful punching, John came through the door just as we were dishing out the pasta for dinner. He got changed and joined us at the table. Everybody was very hungry, so we gobbled everything pretty quickly and settled down in the living room to watch a movie. Ketti put on Transformers, which happened to not only be our group's favourite movie, but John's as well.

The movie was really long and sleep began to creep on me. I yawned. Followed by Ketti, Li Xuan then John.

Seems like yawning really is contagious.

It was 1am when we all walked like drunkards to our rooms to sleep. I got into the walk in wardrobe to change into a shirt and shorts. John didn't stop staring at me when I came out. It was probably because my shirt was so big that it seemed as though I wasn't wearing any pants. He sat on the edge of the bed watching me brush my teeth in the bathroom and his eyes followed me till I tucked myself into bed. John got off for some reason and pulled out a mattress from under the bed.

'hey what are you doing?' I asked him, sitting up slightly.

'Err, preparing to sleep?'

'what? On the floor?' I pulled the cover off slightly. 'Join me.' I motioned to him.

He scratched the back of his neck, unsure of what to do.

'Oh come on!' I pulled his hand in. For a guy, he sure was indecisive.

After much persuasion, and tugging, he finally took his shirt off, and climbed into bed. He pulled the blanket back over us and snuggled. I was really tired so I flipped on one side and let fatigue take over. Right before I fell asleep, I felt John wrap his arms around my waist and pull my body closer to his. He brought his face closer to mine, giving me a light peck on the cheek, whispering 'I love you Laura' in my ear, thinking I was already asleep. It was cute, so I replied softly with the little energy I had left.

'I love you too.'

-------------

Vote, Comment, Share!(: