Chapter 19

*Laura's POV*

After I left for Singapore, I spent time with my family, especially my elder sister, Samantha. My sister had spent quite a few years in South Africa as a model. When she heard I was going to Australia for 3 months, she came back to Singapore to take care of my parents.

She came back with a boyfriend, an Olympic swimmer, from South Africa along with her. He said his name was Rico. He was slightly tan, one of the reasons for his dark brown skin tone and he also had light Brown spiky hair. Slim, but well built, he was as tall as Samson.

Sam was considered rather pretty I guess. Dark brown hair with dark brown eyes, just like me, except she was 22. Funny thing was, people said that I looked more like Sharanin, my younger sister, aged 11, who was adopted since she was born. How we even adopted her was a long long story. Weird isn't it, looking more like a sibling who was in no way blood related. No matter, I still loved both my sisters, however Sharanin was in Perth on a scholarship for netball. Yeaph, that's right, a scholarship at the age of 11? Yeah, that's why my parents always doted on her.

That's when we get to the part about my parents. Being the middle child, I was always the one cowering in the shadows of my siblings' success. Middle child syndrome? Heck that. From the start I never had a good relationship with my parents since we moved to Singapore when I was 4. Coincidentally, it was the same year that I came to Singapore when Sharanin was adopted. Don't get me wrong, I was excited and all for a sibling, considering I didn't grow up with Sam around. We were treated equally, until Sharanin started going to school. She was sent a school near our house, those kind without any good standards whatsoever, and she started started acing every test and exam without even studying and began to get bored of what was being taught. After hearing stories from her classmates who had older siblings and their complicated studies, she took my textbooks and started to study ahead. It wasnt like one topic ahead, but one to two years ahead. By the time I had to take my first major exam, she had mastered the whole of primary school math. Same thing went for science. I couldnt say same thing for language though. Like cmon, its mother tongue. Chinese. Hardly anybody passes that.

Anyways, because she got bored of academics in her school, she was transfered to one of the best schools around and joined the netball team, got spotted for junior netball national team... Yeah and got the scholarship. Ever since they discovered her intellegence was far better than mine, she'd been the star child, always getting the best and all the attention. Which just meant I didn't get a lot of attention, but it was cool. I got more time to myself. That's how I started dancing. After my major exams in 2010, I discovered the wonders of YouTube and found Justice Crew. The first time I heard about then was on the radio, with their song 'Friday to Sunday'. Then Sexy and You Know It came out and i decided to search them up. Whoa. I never regretted trying to copy their moves despite hurting myself or going home late without dinner because I taught myself to dance like them. Sharanin left for Perth and it was barely 1 year when my parents took on the habit of grounding me for staying out past my curfew. It sucked. Duh.

Since I didn't have a good relationship with my parents, you would expect me to have no care of feelings for whatever happens to them. I thought so too, until one day when I came home and saw Sam crying.

*Sam's POV*

I was at home bawling with Rico hugging me and rocking me slightly, trying to comfort. Suddenly Laura walked in home, back from an outing with Ketti and Li Xuan.

'Hey what's wrong,' she asked softly.

-----------

I was driving home, tapping my thumbs to the beat of the song that was playing on the radio.

On the expressway, I drove past an accident. It looked fatal. I had to slow down because there was a diversion in traffic and as I passed by, I saw the licence plate number.

I gasped in shock and tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

This can't be, its impossible. I told myself.

Mom and dad.

Once I got to the garage of my apartment, I parked the car and grabbed my stuff. As I was about to get out of the car, my phone rang.

'Hello? Samantha speaking,'

'Yes, this is Inspector Rajeev, I have some very bad news. Firstly, are you the eldest daughter of Jess and Pat Lee?' the person on the line spoke.

'Yes...'

'I'm sorry to inform you that your parents were involved in a fatal accident along the PIE (A/N: its an expressway) a few hours ago.'

No! This cant be!

I dropped my phone. Rico picked the phone up. The inspector and Rico discussed the arrangements for my parents to be sent to the undertakers and ecetra but I wasn't listening.

My parents were dead. Then I thought. If I myself couldn't handle the news, how were Laura and Sharanin going to take it?

--------------

Phew, that was a little boring, but don't worry, the boys will be back in the story soon!

Vote, Comment, Share!(: