Chapter 11- Dog Days

My Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 11- Dog Days

Nothing is worse than being interrupted from a good part of a Game of Thrones chapter by your siblings and your so called girlfriend. To top it off, it’s even worse when they come in blasting with silly string. Where did they get the silly string is beyond me, but I’d just like to note that silly string is gross and stinks worse than my gym bag during high school.

Not only was this the start to my horrible morning, they ruined my book, and I somehow lost my phone during that chaos. So grouchy me is now sitting at the table, eating my Captain Crunch, and staring down at Sky as she talks to Julia. Julia is eating a bagel while multi-tasking some bracelet making skills and showing it to Sky.

“So you made the one on your wrist too?” Sky asks pointing to the bracelet on Julia’s wrist.

“Yeah, it’s so easy to make and they’re fun too. Very stylish.” Julia compliments stopping to take a bite of her bagel.

“Julia five minutes and we’re leaving for dance!” Mom shouts from upstairs, hoping she heard.

“Do you have soccer practice today Josh?” Sky asks finishing her cereal. I don’t think she’s noticed I’ve been staring her down.

“I have a game today at three.” Josh responds not even touching his pancakes as he plays on his iPod.

“I’m sure Jer would love to go watch you play. Won’t you Jer?” She says to me, looking from the corner of her eye.

“Yep.” I respond, staring at her as I spoon some cereal in my mouth.

“That’ll be cool I guess.” Josh mumbles.

“Do you guys want to come to my dance recital? It’s this Friday at five. You guys will still be here, right?” Julia asks.

“I don’t know. Depends if you’re brother has killed me or not by then.” Sky responds whipping her head in my direction with her eye brow raised. “What’s wrong?” She asks.

Without a response I eat my cereal and stare at her. She sighs rolling her eyes and looks back at Julia, “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” Julia giggles eating the last bite of her bagel.

“Someone is a party pooper.” Sky sang. She gets up from her seat and I can hear the water from the sink run. I pour more cereal in my bowl and watch her as she comes and sits back. “I told you’d get you back!” Sky says trying to hold back a smile but failing.

I don’t respond as I continue with my cereal. I hear Jill’s footsteps as she walks into the kitchen. She doesn’t say good morning but I know she’s already dressed for work and heading to the coffee pot.

“Julia time to go.” Mom says walking in the kitchen.

“Ok.” She replies, drowning back the rest of her orange juice. “Here, you can have it.” She says wrapping the bracelet around Sky’s wrist.

“Aw, thanks Julia.” Sky says kindly, also giving her a hug. “I’m sure we’ll make it to your recital.”

“Fabulous!” She sings leaving the table and putting her plate in the sink. “Jill are you coming to my recital Friday?” She asks before leaving the kitchen.

“Working until four.” Jill replied a little too happily.

“Great! Recital is at five. I’ll get your ticket today!” Jill groans as Julia leaves the room. Those recitals can be boring, not going to lie.