Chapter 8- Extremely Awkward

• Dedicated to All The Lovely Dedicated Fans

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 8- Extremely Awkward

*Sky’s POV*

After everyone ate lunch I helped out too by clearing the table even after they all protested that I should just sit down and enjoy myself. I knew I couldn’t just let them all work as I sat there doing nothing but watch and got waited on. I’m much more respectful than that. During my childhood, our nanny for most of our growing up phase, Martha, taught us better. Even though we were considered to be wealthy and we had much help around the house, Martha never let us leave the table without putting our dirty dishes away ourselves. Most of the time, she taught us to clean up after ourselves.

Growing up, Martha always in some way had me cleaning. If it were to tidy up my room, cleaning up after dinner, putting my clothes to wash, or as simple as making my bed, she said she was “preparing me for the future.” I didn’t get that till now. 

So I helped out. Picking up everyone’s plate and throwing them in the trash. I helped put away all the leftover food. There wasn’t much that really needed to be done but I helped anyway. While drying some dishes, Mindy caught my attention by whispering her name.

“…… a mature, responsible, young girl. I like her a lot.” Mindy whispered to Liz.

“I do too, very humble and helpful, Good job Jeremy.” Liz agreed with a giggle, “She’s a keeper.”

I grin looking away quickly as I dry the bowl and pretended to not notice. Thank you Martha; I praised. “You should be very proud.” Maura muttered with a smile as she hands me another bowl, “Your mother raised a strong, respectful and divine girl.”

 I wish my mother did, I sighed sadly. Strong, not so much, Respectful, Common sense is it not? Divine, well… thank you! I looked at her kindly putting the bowl down, wishing I could tell her honestly how my mother is no longer with me and I was most raised by nannies and maids. But I kept my mouth shut. Especially with Liz being there, I didn’t need to play the fifty question game.

Once everything was cleaned up we started to bring out desserts. That cheesecake Mindy talked about earlier looking incredibly yummy and I couldn’t wait to get a piece of it. I also eyed the cookie and brownies and thought how great it’d be to put a brownie on the bottom of my bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yummy, that would hit the spot right now. And to top it all off there’s ice cream Oreo cake! This family will put ten pounds on me, if not more. 

Before sitting back down next to Jeremy, Liz put her hand on my shoulder kindly asking me to get the fruit salad from the fridge that they forgot to bring out. I happily agreed to get it and walked back to the house. It’s honestly a lovely quaint home. So many beautiful flowers surrounds the yard, nice furniture and colors in the home. Everything seemed to be neat, picked up and tidy.

Jeremy’s family isn’t so bad. One of his cousins, Justin, whom looked to be somewhere around his teen years, is a little weird I’ll admit that, but a funny weird, not uncomfortable weird. Caiden called at one point during lunch and said he’d be late. No one knew why but no one seemed to worry as well. Everyone in the family seemed to be delightful in their own special way. At times I had to remind myself that yes they are a little weird. Like when Jer’s grandfather would stare at me with a smile, or when his grandmother pinches my cheeks randomly. Or how much Rick likes to drink and mix alcohol with kid’s juice box. Mindy’s snarky remarks to Rick or Liz’s uncomfortable questions.