Chapter 23- Epilogue

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 23- Epilogue

"Someone will walk into your life one day and you will finally understand why the relationships in your past never worked out."- Unknown

*6 Months Later*

So if I have a contract that's joined by the law that means it's a formal contract and there's a record or sp- I stopped thinking about my answer to write down when my vision was cut off. Two pairs of hands cover my eyes. The familiar smell of perfume went up my passage way giving away who the person is.

"Guess who?" Sky said trying to disguise her voice.

"Beyoncé?" I joke, pulling the hands away from my eyes. "Oh shucks." He chuckle, pretending to be disappointed.

"As flattering as that compliment is." She began, kissing my cheek, "You'll never be this close to her." She drops herself in my lap, resting an arm behind my neck as she looks over what I'm doing. "Outlining a contract?" She observes, picking the pen out of my hand and scribbling a spelling mistake out.

"Yeah." I sigh, relaxing my shoulders a bit, "It's due in a couple of days. It sounds simple but I'm trying to make it so perfect that not even Professor Burgess can find a loop hole in it."

"Well if it's bound by the law that's a good start. Just make sure everything is legal." She suggests, turning her head to me after she's done reading. She grabs something from behind me and brings it into view. A small yellow box was facing me now with a green bow, "Happy birthday." She sang softly.

Not only was there a smile on my face but one on hers too. "Sky you shouldn't have." I started, but she interrupted with a kiss and shoved the box to my chest.

"Nonsense. It's your birthday and it's not going uncelebrated." She says, "Now open it. I've been waiting a whole week!"

I chuckle taking my time on purpose just for her to suffer. When I took off the wrapping paper the mate black box already had the store logo for me to know what was inside. "Sky you didn't have to."

"Yes I did because I broke the other ones and I'm so sorry still." She said with guilt. I opened up the Sunglass Hut box and took out the black leather case. A new pair of Aviator sunglass just like the pair I had before was given to me.

I kissed her one last time before saying, "Thank you. I love it." Thankful and appreciative.

"I'm so glad." She squeals, kissing my cheek roughly. "And that's not all. We're going out to dinner tonight. My treat, your choice. Anywhere your stomach desires." She vows, "I would have copied you and did the same kind of dinner you did for me, but I don't have a truck and it's kind of cold out to be eating dinner outside at night." She explained, slightly apologetic.

"I like your counter off even better." I assure her.

"Great! Be ready for six then." She tells me, "And don't get caught up on your mock contract." She reminds me, pointing to my stack of supplies on the table in front of us.

Chuckling, I pat her back smiling, "I promise I won't be." I say, twirling her dark hair between my fingers, "Thank you in advance."

"You're welcome. You deserve it all." She respond. Her statement for some reason clicked a lingering question in my mind I've been mean to get an answer for.

Since we came back from her brother's wedding Sky was having some trouble dealing with her emotions and not thinking things clearly. One day when we were having lunch and she got up to get something her phone rang. Her brother was calling so I found no reason to not pick it up. So we got to talking, and he asked how Sky was and of course I told him the truth. Things that Sky just seemed to do or say all the time. Danny recognized it as something else. Just like before when she couldn't deal with her emotions and memories of her mother's death, she was falling into that same situation.