Chapter 19- A Family That Bonds

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 19- A Family That Bonds

Today is the last full day I was going to be spending with my family, so I thought we should make the most of it. Although my mom said she’d only be working for half of the day, we decided we could meet up later on. Jill didn’t have to work, which is a first because she’s been working every day I’ve been here. We figured there’s two things we could do, go to the movies, or do nothing. If you don’t know my sister Jill by now then you probably didn’t guess that she’s the one that suggested to do nothing. There’s plenty of other things than to do nothing. Movies was one of them, Julia wanted to go to the outlets which Sky thought was a fantastic idea, but I didn’t want to spend another day shopping with the girls.

The other real option is bowling, we came up with that during breakfast when mom was around. She said she rather miss the movie but she’d like to tag along for bowling. So bowling it was. We all got ready, finishing our breakfast, taking our morning showers and changing our clothes. We found a 12:30 show time for Captain America: the Winter Solider. Mom said after the movie she’d meet us at the bowling place and maybe a late lunch.

I tried to figure out what else we could do as a family. Maybe go out for dinner, or have movie game night. Sky and I would be leaving in the afternoon tomorrow, and she promised- though I don’t know if that promises holds up to much- that she wouldn’t ask for so many pit stops. I told her the max is one.

I’m a great observer, and I realized that Sky was becoming really comfortable with the situation. Like today, when we got out of the truck at the movie theater lot, she had waited for me casually to make it around and grab my hand as we walked. When we sat in the movie theaters, instead of sitting by Julia or away from me she sat by me and held hands throughout the movie. Sky just seemed so relaxed and normal, like she wasn’t trying so hard. It wasn’t much, but it was enough for me to just easily smile and go along with.

Jill didn’t make much conversation with Sky, and I told her before that she should try to make an effort, fake girlfriend or not. I think the longest conversation they held was about Chris Evans. That lasted from getting into the truck, until the end of the parking lot. It wasn’t long until Julia played a song and everyone sang along when my mom called.

“Hello.” I say to her on the phone.

“I’m just leaving the house now, are you on your way to the bowling place?” Mom asked, as I heard the front door close shut.

“Yeah, sure. Why did you go home?” I ask, merging on the high way. Sky bent her head around me and did that ‘checking for seat belts’ look before turning and doing the same for everyone in the back.

“I needed to change. I should be there in twenty or so minutes.” She tells me. I nod my head telling her Ok and goodbye so I could pay attention to the highway. It wasn’t long until we made it to the bowling alley, before my mom anyhow.

When we got in I rented a station with two lanes in the black light section. That was everyone’s favorite. As always, Jill complained about putting on the rental shoes whereas Julia complained about it not going with her outfit. Josh just always found how fun they were to slide on the floor like socks.

There’s no teams in bowling, just individual kick ass competition. I haven’t bowled in so long so I didn’t know if I’d actually win or not. 

“Mom’s here.” Josh announced when he turned his head to the door and saw mom walking in. I too looked over just in time to see Peter holding the door and following mom in.