Chapter 21- Change

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 21- Change 

"Hey Jeremy!" A distinct female voice called out to me. By nature, I turned around and waited for the person who called my name. 

Christina Brady. Brunette chick with blue highlights at the end of her curly hair that I must say she could pull off which is really cool. Her eye color matches mine and she looks really shy today; compared to any other time we’ve briefly talked. When she caught up to me in the midst of the hallway I saw Sky coming from the other far end. Today is the day when I ask her to blatantly tell me why she won't just go out with me. I will get my answers. 

"Hey Jer, how was your spring break?" Christina asked, fumbling with one of her straps on her bag. 

"It was good. I went back home for the week. How was yours?" I asked politely though I knew this chit chat would be soon over. 

"Pleasant. I have a question for you though." Christina murmured, shifting on her feet.

"Sure ask away." I tell her noticing Sky taking a glance toward me before walking into class. 

"Would you be willing to be my fake boyfriend for a night? Obviously I will pay you. My step-mom keeps hounding me to bring this 'mystery boyfriend' I've been talking about and there is no mystery boyfriend so now I'm stuck in between a lie and a promise that I'd bring him out to dinner next time they come visit." Christina explains in a quick rushed breath. 

"Yeah, sure I'll do it. Just give me your phone number and I'll text you back. This weekend?" I ask her, holding out my hand when she writes her number in pen on my palm. 

"The weekend before everyone starts studding for finals actually." She corrects, capping her pen back. 

"Cool, I'll text you before then." I wave to her with a quick grin as I head off to my lecture. 

"Thanks Jeremy. You're the best!" She shouts after me. I smile back at her, waving one last time before I got into class. I took my usual seat, the one behind Sky. 

She said we could still be friends, so that means I can still talk to her. Yeah, so she kind of rejected the idea of us going out but she never really gave me a legitimate reason why. I tapped her shoulder, leaning over my desk and smiling at her. She looked over her shoulder and grinned then turned back around. "Hey do you want to do something this weekend?" I offer her, resting my chin on my hand. 

"Why no paid dates this weekend?" She snickered, shaking her head lightly, "No." She declined without even knowing what we would be doing. 

"Why not?" I ask, "I'm not asking because I don't have a job this weekend. I really want to go out with you." I told her honestly. 

"You haven't got sick of me yet?" She chuckles, putting her bag to the ground after shifting through it. 

"Of course not. There's never a dull or boring moment with you." I tell her honestly with a flirty smile. "So what so you say?"

She turns around in her seat, shaking her head at me sighing. "You don't get it do you?" She mumbles. I shrug my shoulders not knowing what she's hinting at. "Jeremy, no girl is going to be as desperate as Kate Johns and allow you to go on other dates when you're already dating someone else. Do you honestly think you can have a relationship with another girl and still go on your little job spree?" Sky accuses, knitting her eyebrows together. 

"Sky-"

"Let me be a blunt as I can be about this Jeremy Coleman." She stated, holding her hand out for me to stop talking. Finally! "I like you, a lot, but I'm not the type of girl that likes to share her boyfriend even if it’s for meaningless dates. If you say you like me as much as you do then you'd hear me when I say quit with the fake dating. That's the only way this will ever work out. Not just for me, but with any other girl."