Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Five

This is boyxboy love story which means boy on boy love.  Got problems with that? Get off.  You likey boy on boy like moi... read on.  Don't forget to comment, vote, and most importantly, don't forget to fan.  Thank you.

   ★.¸¸.¤´¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ◕ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬००҆'˚'҅०◦∙ ☆ ∙◦०҆'˚'҅००▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◕Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ´¨¤.¸¸.☆

I got home in silence.  It was so quiet, you could doubt if anyone lived here and would wonder if this place was abandoned.  The lights were on and the cars in the driveway told me that everyone should be home.  I quietly walked down the hall and frowned before wondering, Where is everyone?  That’s when I heard my father’s booming laughter from the dining room.

            I slowly walked toward the double doorway and open the door.  No one noticed me at first but it was better that way.  Have you ever looked into those old magazines and there’s this ad with a perfect family photo?  They sat around a feast and they were all smiling.  That’s how they looked.   They were beautiful, smiling, and carefree.  The Royal Parade members lost their earlier shallowness and need for isolation and were speaking to one another.  My father has never looked as happy as he did now.

            Sitting at the head of the table, he was smiling with pride.  My stepmother was rubbing his arm with her bright smile that made everyone believe ever lie that slipped out of her ruby red lips.  She let a giggle, a sound that resembled bells chiming, out and she covered her mouth with one finely manicured hand.  My stepsisters found themselves lost in the Owen’s discussion.  It had something to do with his mischievous little brother and spray-paint.

            I couldn’t break the scene before me.  So I waited for them to take notice and then my father turned his head and he slowly lost his smile.  He tried to regain the composure he always wore around me and gave me an acknowledging nod, “Welcome home, John.”

            “Hey, you’re home early,” I frowned and couldn’t help but bitterly think; Five hours early, you never did that when Mom was alive.

            “Yes,” he said in his monotone voice, “Sit down and eat.”

            “I’ll just eat in my room!” I hastily put in and was about to turn and walk away but his voice made me froze.

            “Nonsense!  We always eat at the dinner table!” he called and coughed, “Sit down and eat.”

            I didn’t bother to tell him that we haven’t eaten at the dinner table since he got his promotion and he never got home in time.  Mother always had friends over and have these little dinner feasts with whoever she wants to impress – or butt kiss – at the time.  I usually grabbed a microwave burrito or some leftover Chinese and went to my room to watch anything on TV.  She had no problem, since technically everyone she knew didn’t even know my existence.

            “He can eat in his room,” Mother said, calmly.

            Dad smiled and shrugged, “Why would he do that?  We’re eating dinner as a family tonight.”

            It was left at that.  For a few moments it remained quiet with the exception of the clatter of forks colliding with our plates.  I sat in my seat and began to eat when Owen spoke up, “Did you know your son is gay?”

            “Jeez, do you ever give me some compassion?” I wondered out loud as everyone sat frigid in their seats at the question.  My father sat in his seat, his whole body stiff and his whole body remaining still.  He coughed as he quietly put his silverware and lifted his napkin to pat his lips clean before leaning into his seat.