Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Twenty-Five

AN: Vote.  Comment.  Follow.  Have a nice day, well hopefully.

Oh, and this is months after the last chapter, if you didn't catch that and skipped completely over the fact it says "months later".  I've done it, let's not be ashamed of the fact if you speed read and completely over-look something important in a story.  We've all will do this if you haven't yet.  Enjoy!

***

Chapter Twenty-Five

I knew I didn't only look different than I did six months ago, but that I was different.  I rarely sleep around, and if I do, I try to treat the other person with the utmost respect.  But in college, there's rarely hard feelings and people typically handle the whole affair very mature.  Honestly, if anything, now I was taking it more to heart when the person said "it's a onetime thing" but then I realize I used to use the same line, and went along.  Don't get me wrong, I've not been spending each night in a stranger's bed, but I've every month or so been going out and meet someone I kind of liked.  Most of the time we went on a few dates, sometimes we didn't.

            My photography major was going along well, and I enjoyed it as much as I possibly could.  I made a few friends, and I enjoyed life as best as I could.  But sometimes I wondered if I had brain damage because it took a whole lot of the pretty liquid in a pretty flask to get me happy.  And with alcohol came mistakes.

            Which included a tattoo of a spider on my wrist.

            Another on my chest, which was a row of different types of arrows.

            My ears were pierced, including a bar piercing in my left ear.

            A shaved head.  Luckily, it was growing back but I missed the heat you got from a full head of hair.

            An almost heal scar on my upper arm.  From tripping.  Hard.

            My friends told me I got drunk and attempted to use the couch as a trampoline.  That wasn't the part where I got it.  I got it while stepping down from the couch.  Like a drunk idiot.  Yeah.

            I felt like I had become wider, bigger.  Not really fat, but I felt as if I could sit on my old self and my old self would die.

            I had one of my headphones on, listening to a song I probably thought it was a good idea to listen to.  Rap.  Either way, I nodded my head to the beat.  Like a moron.  I could tell some people were amused by my antics, but I could really give a shit.  At this point, I was a little tired and my kind of tired came along with my childlike affectionate qualities.

            I sighed as I grabbed my duffel bag out of the compartment and followed the others off the plane.  It felt weird back to be in New York.

            And cold.

            "Damn," I said as soon as we got off the plane, attempting to wrap my jacket tighter around my torso.  San Francisco is chilly, but fucking New York was fucking freezing.  I hurried through the airport, and saw the usual crowd of businessmen and others waiting to get on their plane.

            I heard someone let out a powerful curse, causing a crowd of people to turn and look at him, myself included.  I saw why.  All flights were canceled or delayed.  I scoffed, "Lucky I got here; just right on time, looks like."

            Before I left the airport, I got myself a nice hot coffee.  I took a sip and stared at the cup.  Tastes better in San Francisco.  Maybe I was used to it.