Cinderella Man [boyxboy love story] Chapter Twenty-Four

AN: As of the last month or so, I've been majorly depressed.  Which I won't go into, but it has been the cause why I don't update nearly as often.  So sorry, personal stuff... Love this site, the only thing really allowing me to keep going.

***

Chapter Twenty-Four

He stared at me, as if sizing me up.  And he continued to do as his leige because I sure as hell wasn't going to say anything more unless I absolutely had to.  The thought of his possibly murdering me passed through my mind.  More than once; in different ways he'd strangle, slit my throat, break my spine and then my thoughts went into where he'd dump my body; in the ocean, into the middle of a empty parking lot, in front of a vacant subway tunnel.  I struggled to gulp, but when I did, the sound echoed through the very quiet limo.

            He stared at me for a moment longer, then grabbed a cigar from a fancy container that conveniently was next to him.  He cut off the end and then got a lighter.  He paused and then asked, "Do you mind?"

            Well, I couldn't exactly say no between Thing 1 and Thing 2.  So I shook my head, quickly.

            Thing 1 rolled down the window just as Mr. Koda lit it and huffed it in.

            He switched between inhaling more of the cigar and taking a drink of liquor.  Then after a good minute, he finally spoke again, "You want anything?"

            I shook my head.  "A drink?" I shook again.  "A smoke?"  When I shook once again, he raised an eyebrow, "We have coke..." he saw the widening of my eyes and smirked, "the drink..."  I blushed and mumbled a refusal.  He shrugged, "Well, you certainly look uncomfortable..."

            He saw my eyes look up to the Things and then smirked, "They're my bodyguards, not thugs.  They're only here to make sure you don't hurt me, not to hurt you."  I shifted uncomfortably anyway, "Well, anyway..."

            He leaned down, removed his sunglasses and purposely placed them in a black case and on a small table on his side of the limo.  He took another inhalation of the cigar and puffed it out as he made himself comfortable, then asked, "You know why I had them drag you in here?"

            I shook my head.  He didn't seem satisfied with that and I finally mumbled, "No."

            "No idea why I wished to talk to you?  Really?"
            I gaped for a moment and then coughed, "Well, I didn't think that you'd have bodyguards drag me into a limo for this conversation.  Which I assuming is about Owen... and maybe Damian."

            "You assume correctly," he said.

            He didn't continue for a moment and I realized it was because he wanted me to ask.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to, so I stalled.  It took me a moment to then find out my mouth was open - which I assume made me look like a gaping idiot for the last... approximately thirty seconds.  I finally asked, "Um, why?"  He didn't respond, simply he rose an eyebrow, "Why do you want to talk to me?"

            "I want you to tell me what really happened, because they, the chaps, aren't telling me shite," he told me, briefly.

            "What do you want me...?" I gulped, "I don't... You won't kill me, right?"

            He didn't answer me immediately, which made the blood drain from my face, "I'm not planning to, no."

            "That doesn't give me a lot reassurance," I mumbled.