2.Coffee

I fluttered my eyes open to see an old man next to the bed I was lying in. He looked at me with a slight hint of concern hidden in his eyes. His expression then switched into a small smile. I looked down at his hands when a sweet smell filled my nose. He was holding a cup with something in it. It smelled really good and sweet, but not like human flesh, this was something else. I looked up at his face again as I sat up in the bed, rubbing the back of my head. "Good morning, my name is Yoshimura." The old man introduced himself. "H-Hi my name is (Y/n)" I was a bit nervous, he was so nice and I've probably caused a lot of trouble. But he was ghoul at least, so I knew he wouldn't offer me human food or anything like that. He then gave me a friendly smile while stirring the spoon in the cup.

"If you don't mind me asking... What's in that cup?" I pointed at the cup in his hands and he looked at me while his face changed into a shocked expression. I felt embarrassed by his reaction so I grabbed a bit of the blanket, covering my face slightly as I blushed. "It's coffee, haven't you tasted it before?" I shook my head to answer his question and he just stood up, exiting the room.

Did I say something to upset him? I lowered the blanket as I looked at the door. I then nervously traced the tattoo I had on my wrist. It was of a sakura flower, which was my parent's favourite flower. They married under one of those trees. I shook my head in hope of forgetting about them as Yoshimura entered the room with another cup of coffee in his hand. He then gave it to me while smiling. I looked at the cup with warm, black liquid in it and then at Yoshimura again. "It's okay, you can drink it without it causing any problems." He said with a friendly smile on his face. I then looked down at the cup again before taking a sip. My eyes widen as the liquid hit my tongue. "Wow." I looked at Yoshimura with wide eyes as I said it. "It actualy taste good!" I said as a smile formed on my lips.

I then suddenly remembered last night with Rize and the boy, causing my smile to fade. "How did I get here?" I asked while looking down at the almost empty cup. "One of our ghouls found you in a critical state" He answered. "One of your ghouls?" I was confused, what do he mean by one of their ghouls? Do they own ghouls or something? "We're Anteiku, an organisation of ghouls. We help ghouls in need." I blinked at his answer. "Anteiku?" I think I've heard of this place before. "On the 20th ward?" I asked while tilting my head slightly. "Exactly." He said with that friendly smile of his spread across his face.

I then drank the last of my coffee before standing up from the bed "I can't thank you enough for what you've done" I said before bowing. "No problem, but remember that you're always welcome here." He smiled once again. It warmed my heart to meet such a nice ghoul. Who am I kidding, he's even nicer than most of the humans I've met. I then walked out the door while waving to Yoshimura, letting out a small "Goodbye." Before walking down the stairs.

On the first floor there was a café. There weren't any customers there, the only person I saw was a worker I think. She had purple, almost blue, rather short hair and blue friendly looking eyes. "Are you fully healed now?" She said while looking at me and I gave a nod in response. She seemed a bit relieved. "You were a total wreck when I found you." She said as she dried the cups. "To be honest I didn't know if you'd be going to survive" She stopped when she said that, looking over at me. "What happened?" I flinched slightly at the sudden question.

"I got in a fight with another ghoul." She tilted her head slightly. "Who?" I looked away for a moment before looking back at her. "Rize." Her eyes widened slightly at my words "Rize?" I nodded once again and she continued to wipe the cups. I just couldn't focus on her while she kept on wiping those cups. "Why?" I looked at her once again. Why was she asking so many questions? "She did something I didn't think was right." She just continued with her work as I looked at the clock. "I need to go, but it was nice meeting you..." I looked at her, waiting for her to fill in with her name. "Touka" I then smiled, walking over to the door. "Alright. Goodbye Touka!"