3.Old friend

I left the café, shivering when I felt a cold sensation on my stomach. I looked down, only to see that my shirt was torn where Rize had pierced her kagune last night. I looked up, seeing a couple of people giving me weird looks. I then looked down again, blushing slightly before I started to run. This was just so humiliating and embarrassing. 

I changed into a black polo neck crop top and a pair of blue jeans when I got home. I then looked at my reflection in the mirror, admiring the two tattoos I'd made myself. One on my left wrist, it was of a sakura flower but you already knew that. The other one was a black and white fox on the right side of my waist. They where the first and probably last tattoos I'd ever get. I was then cut of when I felt the hunger creep into my stomach."I haven't eaten in three weeks... I think it's time now" I walked to the door, taking a deep breath before I let my ghoul instincts take over.

My eyes changed color into black and red before I started to run towards the sweet smell of human blood. It got stronger by every step I took and soon I couldn't hold it. I needed flesh. The smell of human flesh was so wonderful! When I arrived to where the smell came from my eyes widened.

"N-Nishiki?" The ghoul turned his face to face me and he looked just as surprised as I was "(Y/n)?" I took a step towards him to see if it really was him. He then stood up and I hugged him, causing his eyes widen. "I thought you were..." I felt tears building up in my eyes. Nishiki is alive. "When i got to know your sister was...And I didn't see you again, I thought..." I looked up at him with narrow and teary eyes. "Why'd you do that? Why did you shut me out of you life like that?" I said before pulling him into a hug again. The memories were coming back.

"Nishiki!" I ran after him screaming. "Nishiki wait!" The brown haired boy stopped running, looking back at me with a grin spread across his face. "You'll have to catch me!" He started running again. "Nishiki, you're to fast!" I tripped on the gravel, causing me to injure my leg. The pain was enough to make me cry. Nishiki then immediately stopped, hurrying towards me. "Are you hurt?" I Nodded and he helped me up, comforting me. 

He was like a brother to me. And when his sister died he shut me out of his life and he never even tried to contact me again. They were the last family I had left, and he knew that. Nishiki then pulled away from the hug, looking at me. "I'm sorr-" He was interruped by someone sobbing behind him. I looked behind him, only to see the black haired boy from my fight with Rize. He stood in the corner while looking at the corpse as if he was going to cry. And something felt off with this. His scent... It was different.

"I've never seen you before." Nishiki commented when he'd turned around, making his way towards the boy. "Why's only one of your eyes red?" Nishiki asked. I raised my eyebrows before looking at the boy's eyes and Nishiki was right. He had one ghoul eye. But he was human when I saw him with Rize, so how? Nishiki grabbed the boy by his shirt, pushing him against the wall before he stated to strangle him. "No, Nishiki stop!" I grabbed his arm, trying to make him let go of the boy. "Why?" He looked at me, tilting his head slightly. "He-He's a human. He isn't a ghoul." I said "But (Y/n), he's got a ghoul eye." I looked once again and it was still there, it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. "Put him down." I said, causing Nishiki to do so.

I looked down at the boy as he sat against the wall, touching his neck while breathing heavily. He looked up at me in fear and as if asking for help. I then kneeled down in front of him. " What happened to you?" I touched the skin under the ghoul eye slightly while waiting for an answer. I sighed when he wouldn't answer before continuing. "You were a human when I saw you with Rize." Nishiki glared at me as if asking for an explanation. "I-I don't know what happened." His eyes started to tear up. He then grabbed my shoulders, causing me to blush slightly. "You need to help me. I-I don't know what's happening." He started to cry and I looked the way Nishiki had been standing but he'd already left. "I-I'll do my best" I said before standing up, smiling as I felt my cheeks turning back to their normal color and my heart to calm down.