Chapter 17.

Safia's POV

"Seriously Safia? You can't get up early on your wedding day?" Aisha said standing over me.

"I know right! I've been trying to wake her since 9." Hafsa added.

"It's 10 o'clock and you have tons to do so for the last time GET UP!" I turned in my bed hugging my duvet closer to me. "Right, Sara, Musa, today you have my permission to jump on the bed." Aisha said before I saw a couple of screaming kids run towards my bed and start jumping all over me.

"Ow! This is not fair. I'm being abused on my wedding day!" I sat up on my bed. 

"Now go shower."

"Why the rush?"

"Because you're a bride! You have to shower, then dry your hair. Then the hairdresser will come, then the make up lady, then you have to get dressed. There's so much to do, so up, NOW!"

"I still don't understand the rush. I couldn't even sleep until about 4 and then I was awake for about two hours after Fajr. At least let me have some breakfast." I wasn't even hungry, I just wanted to delay my shower. I was feeling cold.

'Fine. Go brush your teeth and I'll get your breakfast." The house was so noisy, like a real wedding house. I could feel everyone's excitement. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Hafsa brought a couple of muffins and milk to my room for breakfast.

"Two's too much, I do want to fit in my dress you know." I said holding up the muffins.

"One's for me." Hafsa snatched it out of my hand.

"I thought I was getting special treatment being the bride and all." Hafsa licked the muffin and handed it back to me. "Gross." She shrugged and bit into it. I ate my muffin complaining to Hafsa about how Amy couldn't make it. She had told me last week that she had university and she couldn't afford to miss any of her lectures because it was her last year. She was going to be here through Skype but that wasn't satisfying for me. I wanted her here in person. As selfish as it sounds, wasn't my wedding more important than a couple of days of uni? It wasn't completely her fault, I did give her a short notice. Well, thank Allah for technology like a laptop with things like Skype. After I was done with breakfast, I went to shower. Then I told Hafsa to dry my hair. Surely it was okay for me to get spoiled and pampered on my wedding day. Half way through Hafsa drying my hair I jumped up and squealed,

"I'm getting married!" 

"How many times are you going to say that?" Hafsa moaned. She was right, I'd been saying this constantly for the past month. I sat back down for Hafsa to finish drying my hair with a silly grin on my face. I pictured how I was going to look as a bride. 

"I hope I look good."

"You looked amazing with the dress on, I'm sure you'll look even more amazing with the hair and make up to go with it."

"Hafsa, I'm so excited. I can't wait to see the mirror once I'm all decorated."

"I'm surprised you're not freaking out."

"That's because I'm not thinking of Pirate, I'm thinking about all the glamour of my wedding instead."

"Pah, glamour. You refused to get a stage in the hall and you refused any decorations that had lights. That doesn't sound glamorous. As for Yusuf, you don't have to say pirate any more because he's going to be your husband in," Hafsa paused to check the time. "6 or 7 hours."

"Don't talk about him. I told you thinking of him gives me a tummy ache."

"That's worrying. Thinking of him should give you butterflies not a tummy ache."