FORTY-SEVEN

After Genesis and Maverick were able to go home a lot sooner than expected, Matty and I could continue our daily lives. Winona is perfect, Aunt Suzanne is recovering well, and Uncle Ed is beginning to act okay again.

I woke up to Matty's arms around my waist. I smiled at the familiar feeling, cuddling up to his chest.

"Please don't tell me we have to do something today," Matty grumbled, gripping onto my shirt.

"I don't want to," I yawned. I felt Matty smiling on my forehead, his fingertips tracing my backbone.

"Want to go get breakfast?" Matty whispered. I nodded in response.

« ‹ › »

We stood in the Starbucks, both of us in sweatpants and a hoodie. Matty held my hand tightly as we waited in line.

Then Matty turned his head and I heard a girl speaking, "Oh my god. Youre Matty Healy! From The 1975!"

"That's me," Matty laughed.

"Can I take a picture of us?" She smiled.

"Of course," Matty nodded as he pulled out her phone. She held her arm out as they took a picture. "I'm sorry I'm not in proper clothes."

"I'm not either!" She laughed. "Thank-you so much."

"No problem," Matty shrugged. The girl then turned to me.

"You're Matty's girlfriend! Sarilynn, right?" She laughed.

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling.

"You guys are too perfect, I love both of you. I have to go though, goodbye!" She waved. We both waved goodbye, and then she was gone.

Matty turned to me with a smile, "She was nice. I love meeting fans." I smiled at Matty, leaning my head on his shoulder.

We ordered our drinks and food, and once we got them we left. In the car I fumbled through stations as I sipped on my coffee.

I then heard familiar background music. "Matty," I turned to him with a wide smile. "Do you hear this?"

Matty thought for a second, and then he smiled the widest I've ever seen someone smile. "THIS IS MY SONG!" Matty shouted, "We go where nobody knows! Guns hidden under our petticoats!"

Matty and I sang along during the entire song on the way home. Matty sang with a giddy smile on his face the whole time. A giddy smile that I never wanted to go away.

Once we arrived back at the house, Matty turned to me. "I never got to tell you where we are going for our anniversary next month," Matty smiled. "Would you like to know?"

"Yes, obviously," I nodded. "But you shouldn't have gotten us tickets somewhere. I don't like you spending all of your money on me."

"Oh hush! We're going to..." Matty paused. "Ireland!"

"Matty!" I covered my face. "You know that was my favorite spot during tour!"

"I know, that's why I picked it," Matty smiled. "We leave three days before our anniversary. We're there until two days after."

"Matty," I smiled. "You're too good for me."

"I am not," Matty laughed.

"Ireland!" I shouted. "You're taking me to fucking Ireland!"

"And?" Matty smiled.

"Matty that's insane, and you're crazy, and I love you," I laughed.

"Love you too," Matty kissed my cheek. "Obviously. If I didn't love you we'd be visiting the kitchen."

"We already do that," I smiled. "It's just as fun." Matty chuckled, shaking his head at me.

"Mum wants to visit," Matty yawned. "Do you mind?"

"Invite Denise over!" I exclaimed. "Please."

"Okay, okay," Matty chuckled as we sat on the couch together. "Why is it that you like my mum so much?"

"Because you two are the same person, but when I hang out with her I get the fun housewife side of you which I rarely see," I shrugged.

"I'm a housewife?" Matty laughed. "Sounds pretty accurate."

"Of course it does," I smiled. "I know you pretty well. I don't know everything, but I know you decently."

Matty laughed, "We need to learn more about each other."

"What do you want to know?" I smiled. "Ask and I'll answer if it doesn't make me uncomfortable."

"Alright," Matty nodded. "Favorite kind of ice cream?"

"Vanilla," I answered. "Yours is?"

"All of them," Matty laughed. "Favorite breed of dogs?"

"We're not getting a dog," I laughed. "I love them Matty, but if you show up one day with a dog..."

"Just answer the question!" Matty laughed.

"Mastiffs," I answered. "I had one when I was younger and I fell in love. Now, favorite memory?"

"Either your face when I sang 'Fallingforyou,' or when we went out for breakfast and you walked out because I was being an asshole," Matty laughed.

"Why is that one of your favorite memories?" I laughed.

"Because I deserved it. Plus it showed me you weren't going to sit around letting me be a dick to you," Matty explained. "You won't stand it."

"I won't," I smiled. "And you won't deal with me when I'm cranky."

"That's why the kitchen is always stocked with food," Matty winked at me. "We always keep both of us happy."

"Exactly," I smiled. We sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company. We never just sit in a room together, and it's a lot nicer than it sounds... because it sounds like nothing. I glanced up at Matty and saw him smiling at me.

"Ireland," I breathed out. "My boyfriend of only one year has taken me to New York City, to twenty different places in Europe, and now to Ireland."

"Hey," Matty chuckled. "I'm able to do this because of my career. Plus, you always pay for your own things. You pay for half of the house and most of the groceries. Our recent trips are also half funded from you. This one is on me."

I smiled at Matty, moving over to him. I pressed my lips on Matty's, smiling.

"You, Matty Healy, are a good human," I stated. "You are one of the best humans I've met."

"You are a pretty cool human too," Matty poked my nose.