FIVE

As I walked up the stairs to the second floor after working for many tiring hours, I viewed Matty being mad standing against the wall of my apartment. His arms crossed over his chest, he clearly was not happy.

He confusingly turned to me, then to the door. "Y- you're not in there?" He pointed to the door.

I shook my head, "I just got back from work," I responded. "What?"

"Whoever is in there has been fucking the loudest I've ever heard, and completely not giving a shit about neighbors," Matty explained.

"It's Leo and Gracie," I answered.

"Who's Gracie?" Matty asked.

"Leo's girlfriend," I replied. "She got evicted so she's staying here. I told Leo that he can't have sex with her when I'm home."

"Well they've been at it for two hours!" Matty griped. "I've tried working, eating, reading, I can't do anything when they're in there!"

"I'll tell them to stop," I nodded. "Do you want to come in?" Matty shrugged. I unlocked the door and Matty followed behind me as we walked in. Matty was right, Leo and Gracie were being loud.

I walked over to the door of Leo's room and hit my fist against it, "Shut up! I'm home!" I complained, and they got quiet.

"I don't know how they've been going on for more than two hours," Matty chuckled. "I'm exhausted after about twenty minutes."

I rolled my eyes, putting my key up on the hook. "Are you trying to impress me? Because it's not working," I laughed.

"Nope, I'm just utterly amazed," Matty shrugged. "That's talent there."

"I'll be right back," I walked into my room. "Don't do anything."

I changed into a white crop top and black sweatpants, putting my hair up in a bun. Once I walked out of my room I walked around Matty and grabbed the small baggie full of green wonders. I pulled out three squares of white paper, and quickly set up everything I would need for the rest of my night. Matty looked at me with surprise.

"Listen, a customer literally spilled their vodka on me, I think I deserve a joint or two," I stated.

"Where do you work?"

"A bar downtown," I answered, taking out my lighter. Matty watched me, his eyes fixated on my every move.

Then Gracie walked out of Leo's room, turning to me. "You know, weed and marijuana are just as bad as smoking," Gracie stated.

"Yeah? I then I should smoke more," I replied. Matty began chuckling, holding his hand over his mouth.

Gracie rolled her eyes at me, and Matty held his hand out. "What?" I asked.

"You're not going to smoke in front of me and expect me not to want some," Matty replied.

I handed Matty one of my pre-made joints and he smiled, winking at me. "Thanks darling."

"You two disgust me," Gracie laughed.

"Well your moaning and groaning, and yelling, 'Leo!' disgusts me," Matty snarled. Gracie blushed, rushing into Leo's room. Once Gracie was gone, Matty turned to me, blowing smoke in the air. "What's her problem?"

"She's a little..." I smiled. "She doesn't exactly approve of things that involve wasting precious things."

"Is she a vegan?" Matty asked, and I nodded. "That explains it..."

"Matty!" I scolded. "I used to be vegan!"

Matty shrugged, putting the joint back in his mouth. "Well, you're not crying about this poor plant that's burning right now."

I nodded, "True."

Matty pointed to my incomplete painting. "Are you done with that?" Matty questioned, and I shook my head. "I want it."

I shook my head, "I'm not giving you an incomplete painting."

"I want it though. It shows the journey," Matty chuckled.

"No," I shook my head. "What did you even do with my painting?"

"Hard to explain, follow me," Matty stood up and walked to my front door.

I followed Matty to his flat, when he opened the door I noticed the darker furniture and random pastel colors. I followed Matty to a hallway where his bedroom and his bathroom were, on the blank wall between the doors was my painting, matching perfectly.

My mouth gaped open, and Matty nodded, taking a drag. "I thought it got pretty well, don't you think?"

I nodded, and Matty laughed. "I was going to put that one that you're working on..." Matty walked speedily towards his dining area. "Right there."

Matty pointed to a blank wall, and I realized that my painting might not need to be finished to be excellent in his apartment. "You can have it," I blurted.

Matty turned to me with raised eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah, let's go get it," I grabbed Matty's wrist, pulling him with me.

Once we reached my apartment I moved everything in the way of the painting, turning and seeing Matty smiling. "You're serious, right?"

"Yes, come on!" I laughed.

Matty stood up on a chair, nailing a nail into the wall for the painting. "Why did you suddenly want to give the painting to me?" Matty questioned.

"Because it'd fit perfectly," I answered. "I have no where for it anyway." Matty turned with his hands out for the painting, and I quickly handed it to him. Matty put up the painting and I stood back to make sure it was even.

"Tilt it to the left," I stated, and Matty did so. "Right there! Don't move it!" I laughed.

Matty stepped down from the chair, walking over to me, standing by my side. "Yeah, you're right," Matty nodded.

Matty walked over and pushed the chair into the table. "Give me your hand," Matty held out his.

I hesitantly peered down at Matty's large hand. I glanced up at his eyes and saw him smiling. I placed my hand in Matty's, and he walked closer to me.

"I'm sorry about the other day at Stina's," Matty whispered.

"It's fine," I shrugged. "I didn't die, and it apparently didn't harm our-" I was interrupted when Matty's lips crashed on mine.

The sudden feeling of his soft yet chapped lips knocked the breath out of me and made my stomach swirl. Matty grabbed the belt loops of my jeans, pulling me closer to him. Matty's hands sat at my hips before his lips removed from mine.

"You talk too much," Matty whispered in my ear.

I hesitantly placed my hands on the back of Matty's neck, and Matty quickly brought his lips back to mine.