FOUR

I woke up to Matty stroking my hair with one hand, and his other hand holding the small of my back. I continued to keep my eyes closed, not wanting to lose the moment to chaos.

"Morning," Matty mumbled. I groaned, hiding my face in Matty's tattooed chest. "Can we go get breakfast?"

I nodded, backing up from Matty. I sat up, and Matty watched from beside me; the blankets covering right below the waistband of his black boxer briefs, to his knees.

I got up, walking into my bathroom, closing the door behind me. Once in the bathroom I put my hair up, brushed my teeth, then actually used the bathroom.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Matty sitting on my bed, looking at his phone. I headed towards my closet, quickly grabbing a black pocket tee, and black jeans.

"Our wardrobe is remarkable similar," Matty chuckled. I turned to him and saw him lighting a cigarette. "I know you smoke don't look at me like that."

I smiled, walking into the bathroom and changing. While in the bathroom I thought about how I'd probably never have the chance to have Matty in my bed again.

I walked out of the bathroom as Matty pulled on his shirt. I grabbed my shoes from beside my bedroom door, walking over to my bed.

Matty sat beside me, also tying his shoes. Once my combat boots were tightened and on my feet, I turned to see Matty almost finished with putting his right shoe on.

I got up and grabbed my purse that falls right on my hip and slinks around my body. I turned to Matty and saw him watching me. "Well?" Matty shrugged. "Ready?"

I nodded, and Matty stood up, following behind me. As we walked out the front door I grabbed my keys and locked the door behind us. As we walked down the stairs Matty turned to face me, "We're taking my car if that's alright."

"Yeah," I shrugged, and I followed Matty to his car.

Matty walked over to the passenger door after unlocking his car, opening the door for me. I looked at Matty confused and he just waited.

Once I was in his car I could smell the familiar fragrance of Matty. I watched as Matty got in his car and started the ignition.

"Where are we eating?" I asked.

"A small little diner my mum used to take me to," Matty answered. "It's called 'Stina,' and it has the best food you'll ever taste."

As we drove along the quiet road, Matty tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. I looked out the window and saw small family-owned businesses.

"Do you have any tattoos?" Matty questioned.

"I have one," I replied, not wanting to say anything else.

"Where?"

I began laughing, shaking my head. "My upper stomach," I lightly chuckled.

"You mean your boobs?" Matty laughed.

"No, it's under my boobs," I turned to him. "I like the tattoo, I really do. Explaining it just makes me sound like an idiot."

"Yeah, some of my tattoos make me feel like that," Matty chuckled, pulling into the small diner.

Once we got into the small space, I followed Matty to a booth by the windows in the front of the diner. I sat across from Matty and my phone buzzed.

Leo: everything ok? I just got home and the place's a mess and you're not here

Me: long story, tell you tonight I'm with Matty don't worry

I looked up at Matty and noticed him looking at his hands as he fiddled with them. Matty glanced up at me, then looked back down at his hands.

"It was Leo, he was worried," I explained. Matty nodded, looking up at me.

"Are you dating him?" Matty asked again.

"No," I replied. "I told you this, he's one of my best friends." Matty nodded, looking at the old table. "W- why do you care?"

Matty stayed quiet, and the waiter arrived in perfect timing. "Hello, my name's Tina and-" she looked at Matty. "Matty!"

Matty looked up at her and smiled, "Hey Tina, what's up?"

"Nothing much, baby! Do you want your regular?" Tina exclaimed.

"Yes," Matty nodded. "What do you think my friend should get? You always know best."

"Hello," Tina smiled at me. "I'm Tina, and you are..?"

"Sarilynn," I answered.

"What a beautiful name worthy of some strawberry pancakes! And coffee to drink?" Tina asked, and I nodded.

"That sounds lovely," I smiled.

"Okay, I'll be right out with your drinks," Tina waved goodbye.

Once Tina left I turned to Matty, who was already looking at me. Matty looked into my eyes and took a deep breath. Matty then just avoided my eye contact.

"Do you want to talk about what happened last night?" Matty mumbled.

"No," I replied. "Not really..."

"Well you're going to have to, how long has this been going on?" Matty asked, worry in his eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it, Matty," I snapped. "It's my business not yours."

"If it's not my business then why did I even try to come help?" Matty responded.

"Okay, I'm done," I stood up. "Thank-you, you fucking twat." Then I turned on my heel, walking out of the diner and calling Leo.

« ‹ › »

I sat in front of the window, painting a larger painting than usual. Leo sat beside me, questioning me.

"So after he asked about us, he changed the subject and then began getting pissy about you?" Leo chuckled, and I nodded. "That's overreacting just a little bit. Plus I think I'm in love with Gracie."

I turned to Leo, my eyes wide. "Really?" I smiled, and he nodded.

"Yeah, she gets me," Leo shrugged. "Plus she... I don't know, is perfect I guess."

I nodded, smiling. "I'm happy for you, Leo. I really am," I nodded. "I'm proud too."

"Aw!" Leo cooed, hugging me. "Good, because she's being evicted and needs a place to stay."

I rolled my eyes, hugging Leo. "Okay, but please do not have sex when I am home." I broke apart from Leo.

"Deal," Leo laughed, and we shook hands.