THIRTY

I smiled, kissing Matty's nose as he slept on his back. I sat beside him, my legs crossed and his shirt covering my half naked body. He usually wakes up before me, but today's not the case.

"Matty," I whispered, kissing his cheek. "Wake up, I don't like being the only one awake."

Matty groaned, and I sighed. "Come on, Matty. Do you realize what day it is?"

"Of course I do, babe. It's our five month anniversary," Matty replied, his voice raspy.

"Exactly," I smiled, kissing his cheek again. "That's why you should get up. We can go get coffee."

"I would love to do that," Matty chuckled. "In about an hour."

"Matthew," I laughed. "You are adorable, and I love you. Get up please."

"I love you too, but it's going to take more than that," Matty smiled to himself.

I laid down beside Matty, and his arm snaked around my waist. Matty laid his head on mine.

I placed my hand on his chest, rubbing small circles with my thumb. "I guess I'm going to have to shower alone," I teased. "Too had you're sleeping."

Matty's eyes opened wide and I stood up. "I'm up," Matty stated. "I want to shower."

"No, you're too tired," I smiled, turning to him.

"No, I'm not tired anymore," Matty chuckled.

"Is that so?" I walked towards his bathroom, Matty followed behind me. "How convenient."

"Yeah," Matty replied.

I turned back to the door and closed it in his face. I locked the door before Matty could open it. I heard him grunt.

"Really?"

"Yes," I smiled, my forehead against the door. "You missed your chance, Healy."

"Okay fine, I'll go get us coffee," Matty sighed. "I want a reward for doing so, though."

"Maybe," I laughed.

"Okay," Matty sighed, and I heard the ruffling of his jeans. "I'll be back in twenty minutes, love you."

"Love you too," I smiled. "Thank-you Matty."

"Mmhm." Matty hummed.

I listened for the sound of Matty leaving the apartment, and then for the sound of his keys locking it. I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it. My eyes met what Matty had in mind.

On Matty's bed was a lacy lingerie set. I rolled my eyes at Matty, knowing he had stolen them from my room to have on standby. What a surprise.

I laughed to myself, picking them up and walking back into the bathroom, locking the door again... I'm not taking any chances.

« ‹ › »

I slid my shirt over my head, and I heard the door open and Matty's tired voice. "I got coffee!"

I opened the bathroom door and saw Matty smirking, "You got my message?" Matty took a step towards me, his black boots clanking on the food floor.

"Yes," I smiled, taking my coffee from his hand. "And?"

Matty kissed my cheek softly, moving his hand to the collar of my shirt. Matty slightly moved the fabric to see if I was wearing the bra.

I felt Matty smile against my neck. "I like your face," Matty chuckled.

I smiled, biting my lip. Matty's hand made it's way down my arm, hooking onto my hand.

"I want to show you something," Matty smiled.

Matty led me over to his bed, making me sit down. He walked over to his guitar and sat facing towards me.

"I wrote a song, it's not finished. I just wanted your honest opinion about it," Matty explained. "Honesty. Don't tell me it's great if it's shit-"

"Matty," I laughed. "I will tell you my honest opinion."

"Thank-you," Matty nodded.

Matty began strumming, bouncing his head to the music he produced.

I find it hard to say bye bye
Even in the state of you and I
And how can I refuse?
Yeah, you rid me of the blues
Ever since you came into my life
Cause you're my medicine
Yeah, you're my medicine
I, I wanna marry you
Said I, I adore you
And that's all I have to say bye-bye
And you opiate this hazy head of mine

I felt my cheeks warming at the words leaving Matty's mouth. He opened his eyes as he continued strumming.

"That's all I have," Matty stated.

I grabbed Matty's guitar, jumping on his lap and hugging him tightly. Matty hugged me back, tucking his head in my shoulder.

"Do you like-"

"Yes," I answered immediately. "I- It was beautiful."

"Really? I thought it was shit," Matty admitted.

"No, it wasn't," I squeezed Matty in my arms. "I- I..."

"I'm guessing you heard some of the lyrics and stitched everything together," Matty smiled. "And yes, I want to marry you... not yet though."

"Fine with me, I don't care! Matty, how do you do that?" I sighed.

"Well, I pick up a pencil..."

"I love you," I laughed. "And I love the words you believe are shit."

"They are," Matty smiled. "I love you too, though."

I gripped onto Matty's shirt as he swayed us. I smiled as Matty kissed my shoulder gently. "You always react the same when you hear a song I wrote, why is that?" Matty whispered.

I smiled, "Because they always make me feel the same about you."

"And that is..?"

"That you're screwed up, like the rest of us. Yet, you are perfect in every way imaginable... I don't know how you do it, Matty," I explained.

"Well, ask yourself then," Matty chuckled. "I get all of my inspiration from you."

There was a loud bang on Matty's door, and we both groaned. I got off of Matty, and as I was getting off his bed he pulled me back. Matty connected our lips passionately, smiling.

Once we made our way to the door, I opened it to see Louis, Matty's brother.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" Matty asked.

"Mum wanted me to drop something off," Louis handed Matty a box. "She said it was what Nana wanted to give to you, but she never got the chance to."