lose yourself » h.s

prologue

"Jenna.. Are you ready to do this?" 

"I am," I chuckled. My mom looked up at me. I saw that she was about to cry.

"I-I will.. miss you so much" I hate when she cried. It always feel like my heart burst.

"I will miss you too mom, but this is my dream. I got the job and now I will soon living my dream, in London!" She stepped forward and I gave her a hug. I felt her sobbing on my shoulder. My eyes wandered through the room one last time. All the white walls with the pictures of me, my brother Sam, my mother and my awful father. I don't even know why we still had pictures of him on our walls. He left us long ago. He left mom alone to raise two kids, and one of them was really sick. My brother had cancer early in his life. My mother always took care of him so I was left alone. But I didn't care because I knew, even if I were only five years old, that it was for Sams own best. But Sam got well, and now he's sixteen and a big boy. My eyes scanned the walls and I looked at the clock.

"Shit mom! My plane takes off soon! I have to go!" She cut off the hug and looked at me.

"Take care of yourself Jenna, promise me that." she said. I looked at her and laughed in my head. What could possibly go so wrong? I was just moving from Australia to London. 

"I will mom"

I kissed her on her forehead and took my bags and left the house. My brother stood against the car. I turned around and saw my mother at the door. I took one last look at the big white house, and I realized that I wouldn't miss a thing here.