Chapter 2, Part 9

Sparkle
You're nuts, the little voice in my head that must be my consciousness rambles on, You'll just get pasted to a tree. For all you know, you might even end up killing someone else with you.

Can it. Dream Eater worked on Bright last time, I can probably save my brothers if I use it on them, I snarl to myself as I pick my way through the undergrowth.
You're a goner. Remember what happened when you used it on Bright? A terrible nightmare overtook you, and Bright too. Meanwhile, something might come along and get you while you sleep.
My dress catches on a thicket, and I wince as it scratches when I pull away.
I'll figure something out.

You can't even teleport right now. Teleportation doesn't work when you're lost, because you need to know where you are, related to where you want to go. You got lost, just like Dasher. Dasher's not someone you want to be like, right?

I said CAN IT, consciousness. Shouldn't you be telling me that going after my siblings is the right thing to do?

I would, if you had a chance of surviving.
A yell of frustration escapes my throat. It's small, but still cuts through the silence. Like yesterday, the forest is totally abandoned.
To my relief, I come across a small dirt path. Maybe I can figure out where I am! My relief vanishes when I realize it's not a path I recognize. Dialga-darn-it! Why didn't I learn how to navigate the forest better like Psycho?
And why did you pick up his habit of using such ungainly terms, like Dialga-darn-it? He certainly didn't teach you that. Not directly, in any case.

CAN. IT.
The sky is still very dark. One side of the sky is a lighter purplish, because of the impending sunrise, but still very dark. Oh why couldn't Darkrai pick a nicer time to terrorize us?
I hear a twisted note above me, like a badly-out-of-tune Altaria. I haven't ever heard any Altaria sing out of tune...
I duck and run back into the trees as a shadow passes overhead. It is faint in the darkness, but the fluffy cloud-like lining is definitely an Altaria.
"Gallant's gone as well?"
"Along with Gust the Drifloon, Gli, and that one Staravia, Cosmo," flashes through my head. This is bad.

There's another mangled shriek. I look out from behind a bush. My eyes are greeted by Gli swooping down. Wide and glassy, his eyes are on me.
Forgetting any previous annoyances about the shrubs, I run in the opposite way through the undergrowth. Brambles and branches tear at me. I can hear Gli trying noisily to follow, but the branches and closeness of the trees hamper his movement, and he can't fly very well because of it.
The night lights up behind me, tinted blue. In a panic, I duck and roll right through a few bushes. Just barely afterward, a Dragon Pulse beams out, felling branches and making charcoal spots on any tree it touches. I crouch under a bush, and Gli passes overhead with yet another shriek. Thank goodness he can't see me, hidden as I am.
My heart is pounding away at my chest, and it doesn't stop until the night is once more completely still, and I am certain Gli is gone. That was close.
Weren't you warned?

Ignoring myself, I stand up and brush the dirt off of me. It occurs to me that I could have used Dream Eater on Gli. Too late now. With my luck, the next Pokemon I come across won't be any of my brothers either, and I have to save my Dream Eater for them. Spark would be upset that I don't want to help the others as much, though.
My brothers are annoying, I muse as I set off in a random direction, but they're practically all I have. Twirla's mostly just adopted us in name. She has other things to pay attention to. None of the rest of the Five are very fond of us. To the contrary, I have the idea that Spark really dislikes us. Lotus isn't very good company anyways. Entertaining, but not great. All of the other Pokemon feel neutrally towards us, and some avoid us because we're just as weird as the Five. We have literally no friends, except each other.

At this point in my thoughts, I run into the cliffs.

Dasher
For some reason, I'm standing in a forest.
Great, I think, just great. This must be some alternate reality or something, because the trees are tall and thin like spaghetti. It's certainly not the forest by the mansion. Why me?
I walk through the spread-out trees, following a random path I found. It twists and turns and even loops without a cause. The only reason I'm actually following it, is because there's not really much else to do. Huh, would you look at that. The leaves on the trees are tinted purple. This place is extremely weird.
Even with the trees parted widely, it's impossible to see more than five feet away because of a fog hanging over the place. There's not very much to look at either way. I start to wonder if it's possible to be bored to death. With a bitter irony, I note that that would make an interesting gravestone. "Here lies Dasher the Sarcastic. He died of boredom, how fantastic." Yep, if I die here, that what I want on my headstone.
It surprises me, how I have difficulty staying focused. Normally, I would have devised an escape plan hours ago, and tried to get back home. But for some reason, I just feel too relaxed to get worked up over that.
Something rustles in the trees. A figure leaps from one branch to another above my head, then sits quietly to study me. Oh, it's Lotus. I wonder if Full Moon sent him here too.
Neither of us say anything. We don't move either, just study each other. After a while, Lotus speaks. "What are you doing here?"
"I dunno. Full Moon sent me here. Do you know where the mansion is, Lotus?"
He gives me a haughty glare, which looks strange on him. "You shouldn't be here. We don't want you here. No one really wants you."
"Uh... What?"
"You should have taken our advice and battled more. Perhaps you'd be less slow-witted then."
I stare in surprise as Lotus bounds off into the trees once more. Why would he ever say anything like that? That's just not Lotus. I feel rather annoyed, and wish I knew where he went off to. I'd givehim a piece of my mind.
My previous numbness of emotion starts to wear off. I at least feel annoyance now. Since I still don't know where to go, or what to do, I continue to follow the path. It started out as dirt, but grows more pebbly as I continue down it. Now it's all gravel. Nothing about this is usual. A disjointed feeling permeates the air.
There's padded footfalls to my left. I turn to expect Lotus again, but it's Spark and Roku. With no discernible cause, Spark glares disdainfully at me, and gives a grimace. Roku is void of emotion.
As twisted as this place is, I'm not sure what to expect of them. So, I wait for them to speak first. I sort of regret it. Spark hisses out, "It's the snoop. He know more than he should, and less than he ought." She nudges Roku with her tail. "Lets leave." Synchronically, they both turn away into the mist.
Again, I am left stunned by the encounter. What's happening here? I've certainly never been liked, but neither has anyone had open hate for me. For the first time, I feel alone. Then and there, I know that I need to find my siblings. They would understand me, or at least tolerate my faults. Though, I wonder if I would ever encounter them in this place...