Chapter 2, Part 6

Gli
"But she can't be Ditto Lotus. Ditto isn't Dark type, and Queenie said she was."
Lotus glares up at me from the floor. My perch on the chandelier doesn't feel Particularly safe anymore. That flower could beat me any day, even with my type advantages as an Altaria, and he can swing up here whenever he wishes.
"I think she's a Ditto that transforms into a Dark type to please Full Moon."
Me and Joy groan at this. We've gone over it a hundred times, and he still insists on his little theory, ignoring the fact that it's a Dark type, and OBVIOUSLY NOT DITTO. Lotus never learns, as far as I can tell. Of course, I typically stay out of the way of the Five, so I'm not an accurate judge of them in any case. Ask that one Lucario, Roli or Rocky or something, if you want to know about them. Personally, they weird me out.

Twirla shrugs jokingly at Lotus. "It's a mystery. There's no other pokemon that transforms but Ditto, and Ditto aren't Dark. What you're saying is possible Lo, but I doubt it. We've exhausted what little options we had before we even began. Why don't we relax for now? I need a break."
Gallant agrees. "I could go for some dinner. How about you guys?" He even looks up to acknowledge me. In the presence of two of the Five. Gasp.
Lotus jumps up at that idea immediately. "Yes! I want one of every berry we got! What's the advantage in a Quirky nature if you don't apply the natural love of every flavor that comes with it?"
"You'll stuff yourself Lotus," Joy reasons as she shuts down the computer. "Just have a few of each flavor."
Everyone else files out of the room to the kitchen hallway. Gallant gives me a wave as he walks out. Nice chap. Can't imagine for the life of me what he's doing with someone as intimidating as Twirla. Then again, that's the sole reason Joy is his trainer. I've been told that he used to be Lucian's, but he fell hard for Twirla. Opportunely, Joy had an unnamed Gallade who liked Lucian better than her, so they traded. It goes to show that human things, like Pokeballs and trading machines can have some uses after all.
Humming softly, I glide my way out the window. It was too awkward in there, being near by those two Five. I'm not particularly hungry anyways.
A little fly over the forest would be welcome. The day's been just so strangefor me. First, pokemon panic over disappearances, then possession of the disappeared Pokemon, now Darkrai and cryptic riddles. Then, I also was in the same room as some of the Five. Weird, weird day.
I notice Dasher standing in a window box as I fly past. He doesn't see me, and I pretend not to see him. There is something seriously wrong with those three kids of Twirla's.

The weirdness of the day isn't quite over yet. I skim the treetops, and see a flash of blue, red, and tan. I do a double-take, and there is Loppily, Bright, and Rascal. The Infernape looks surprised, and I hear him ask Rascal if Spark really wasn't out training. The Empoleon says no, she wasn't, and that's all I hear before the wind takes the sound away. Since it doesn't concern me, I pretend I didn't hear anything at all...

Dasher
Oh. Great. Giratina. Spark loves Roku, and he loves her back.
How come no one else knows about this? Why do they keep this secret?
It's not like it would hurt for people to know this. Public knowledge isn't generally harmful. Then again...

I hang on to the edge of Lopy's window box, carefully balancing by keeping hold of the window frame with both my hands. If I wasn't even slightly more careful, I would have fallen off. Ouch. The ground looks a little far from me now, and since the lovebirds have fallen silent, I think I'll just teleport down.

Whew. Once I have the backyard grass under my feet, I feel a little better. I still have plenty of things to process through. Suddenly, I know a secret that Spark might murder me for knowing, and for all I know, other may kill to know. On the other hand, it doesn't strike me as right for them to hide this from some Pokemon they ought to trust, like Lotus and the rest of the Five. What bugs me is why they would hide it in the first place. Now, I have the very uncomfortable choice of revealing their secret to the rest of the Five, or keeping silent. Which choice is more moral in the long run? The rest of the Five probably deserve to know this, but Spark and Roku probably have their own reasons for keeping this quiet. Even demonic Spark must have a heart hidden somewhere on her.

At this point in my annoying moral dilemma, Mother slips out of the Mansion and head straight to me. What does she want? Can she not see that I am having a private conversation with myself? Ok, I'm willing to bet she can't.
"Dasher dear, it's almost 6:00," she states. "Joy wants all of us to come to the living room. She has something important or something that she need to tell everyone." With a small gesture, Mother beckons me inside.
"Alright." I say, and follow her compliantly. I don't feel up to arguing at the moment. As we head to the door, I look back at the rest of the backyard. With a small shock, I realize that Rascal, Bright, and Lopy are coming walking out of the one of the forest paths. There's three that connect to the mansion, and I'm not sure where that one goes to. Some training area or something I guess. Bright is watching me, and talking to the other two, but he doesn't seem nearly as upset as he did earlier. I sigh inwardly with relief, and close the door behind me.

The living room is fairly full. Most of Joy's Pokemon are in here, and there's a lot of small conversations going on. Joy herself is sitting at the computer chair, facing the crowd. Everyone has their own little place to be, with their companions. Lotus is sitting on the chandelier, next to Gli. Gli looks a little nervous, to be honest, eying Lotus warily. I spy Spark and Roku at the edge of the stairs. Mother has gone over to sit at the couch with Father. There are a lot more Pokemon with specific places, sitting with specific Pokemon, but I stop noticing when I look at the small window near the door I just walked in from. Of course, that's where my siblings are, Psy on the windowsill and Sparkle standing next to him. I walk over to mill around by them, and wonder where they've been off to. No doubt they wonder where I've been.

"Is everyone here?" Joy asks loudly. There is a general murmur of assessment from around the room.
"Lets get started then."