~Chapter 13~

WARNING: This chapter does have some profanity in it, im sorry.

Normal POV

It was cold, your delicate child body shivering as you tried to wrap yourself in a paper thin blanket filled with holes. You were locked in the basement with your baby sister, but she was in a rickety crib with a more warmer blanket, sleeping peacefully.

However, you couldnt sleep like she was. Your stomach was growling and you just so desperately wanted food. Though you were only limited a few slices of bread each day and that food you would give to your baby sister so she wouldnt starve to death.

It was horrible: your arms and legs were bruised from being beat for taking books from the bookshelf that were in their room, your stomach had cuts all over it from them punishing you for stealing food and your hands were burned from them forcing you to cook on the gas-burner stove. You were only a child and they expected you to cook meals for them without reading any cookbooks.

Tears were rolling down your face as you recalled the events that had happened ever since you came to this home, you had to, you had no choice. You glanced over at the sleeping baby near you and walked up to the crib, reaching your hand in and gently placing it on her head comforting and tears were dripping next to her peaceful body.

"You dont know whats going on...but dont worry we'll escape this hell Askura..." you whispered softly to her even though you were going mentally insane. Your hand started to stroke the baby's hair as you were enjoying this tranquility until...

"(F/N)! Get your ass over here! NOW!!" A wicked witch's voice echoed throughout the house. You jumped at the yell and Askura made small whine noises but didnt wake up.

You slowly and quietly walked away from the crib, being careful not to disturb the sleeping baby as you quickly made your way up the stairs, causing you to trip over one of them and scrape your knee but you made it in front of the 'witch' nonetheless with your head down, standing up straight, not daring to look at her or in her direction.

"You didnt wash the dishes!" She yelled right in your face then slapped your cheek...hard.

"I-I'm sorry..!" You said, biting your lip so you wouldn't let out a whimper, which would give this 'witch' more power, and you didn't want that. You were starting to grow sick and tired of her shit.

"Do them right now! While you're at it, i want you to scrub this whole kitchen spotless, you forgetful brat!" She spat in your direction then walked away.

You let out a sigh of relief; she didn't do any more pain to you at the moment, like she would normally. The last time you forgot or disobeyed, she beat you with a belt or a wooden stick...sometimes a metal spoon, whichever one was closer to her.

You started to wash the piled-up dishes and didnt hear any more footsteps that night.

"They must've went to bed and fell asleep..." You thought out loud, letting out another sigh of relief.

'Once i leave this place.....once i leave this place.....im never coming back, and i'll make sure they pay....i'll burn them alive..or drown them...once i leave this place..' you thought in your head. It was always a dream, but never do you think it would come true.

After a while of scrubbing the dirty dishes, the kitchen floor, the kitchen walls and cabnets, and cleaning the refridgerator, you were exhausted. It was clearly seen in your face, and you were sure that it was what they wanted.

You put all the cleaning products away and made your way back to the basement, sluggishly.

Unlike every other night, you were more determined than ever to escape. You didnt want Askura to grow up in this hell. There was something in her that you didnt want destroyed, maybe it was her heart and mind...or maybe it was her innocent soul.

Though, the only reason why you're in this hell is because your parents died and they had to give you and Askura off to these horrible people...they were the only family around, they were distant cousins of your parents or something, you never bothered to learn or know.

The determination of escape increased as you took the last step on the stairs. You walked over to Askura and saw her sleeping peacefully. Its like you could see how innocent she was. As if there was always a light blue light around her.

"I'll get us out of here.. Tonight. I'm not gonna live here anymore and neither are you." You said in a hushed whisper, looking at her body as if you've forgotten the pain you were in by all the marks on your body.

A moment after, being as quiet as a mouse, you walked over to the other side of the basement, grabbed your ruggy shoes and sweater, put them on and walked back over to Askura's crib. You picked the sleeping child up, and made you way up the stairs quietly.

You didnt want to bring her blanket because you didnt want anything that'll remind you or her of that cruel household.

There was alarms on the doors, in case an intruder broke into the house, you assume, but there were no alarms on the windows...which was odd, but worked out perfect for you.

You held the child with one arm, opened a window with the other and jumped out, twisting so you could land on your back with Askura on top of you. It was surprising how she hadnt said anything or whined when it happened, but the less noise, the better. Though, the pain you've forgotten started to increase, causing you to wince and whine a little and quietly.

"We can be strong..." you told yourself out loud in a hushed tone because you did see tears in your sister's eyes because you made a distress sound.

You got up, held Askura close to your body and started running. There was no destination, no end, no other place to go, but as long as you were far away from that house as possible, it was all okay...

A/N: This chapter is what happened in your past, in case you couldn't figure out... But gee...I'm sorry about the longgggg wait for this chapter. There was a lot going on and I had bad writer's block... Anyways! For those who actually reads these, if you have an idea of your own that should be in this story, i'll try to incorporate it in, I'm all ears! Tell me what chu think, see ya! I wont take so long for the next chapters, i promise!