~Chapter 9~

"Portgas D. Ace..." You muttered quietly, hoping they wouldnt have heard.

However, luck wasnt on your side this time as you looked at the two male faces and saw their thinking looks.

"I've heard of that name before but i dont know much about him." Shachi said as he tried thinking again. "I bet captain knows more about him, Penguin, lets-"

"What do you guys want me to cook?" You asked, fast enough to interrupt him, in attempt to change the subject, which got both males to look back at you. You didnt want anyone else to find out about it.

'Why am i even telling them? I promised myself i wouldnt tell anyone anything about my past...so why now..?'

"Onigiri and tsuke mono." Penguin said as you nodded and turned around to get the ingredients out to make the two dishes. "If you're not related by blood then how did you meet him?" He added, both guys looking at you curiously...or you assumed they were.

'Why cant they just drop the subject?'

You froze for a moment, the moment feeling like it lasted forever, and you wished it did so you wouldnt have to expose anything. After that brief moment, you checked over the ingredients that were out before you decided to speak.

"He just...came to the island i was living on... Thats all im saying." You muttered out a broad statement fast with a shrug, hoping they wouldnt escalate the question further. You started to put the ingredients together so you could cook them properly and meticulously.

"Aw, c'mon (F/N), tell us the story, we're your best friends, right Penguin?" Shachi said, glancing at his friend who verbally agreed.

'They dont know a thing...i cant tell them. Why are they being so persistent?'

"Yeah, (F/N)! Tell us please." This was Penguin's verbal agreement, agreeing with his redhaired friend.

'Do i have to tell them? Will they keep it a secret? They're my best friends and all but...'

You sighed, you knew these two guys would keep bugging you about it. But the problem was...if you were to tell your best friends the full story of how you and Ace met, then you'll expose some of your cruel past...you didnt want that...

After a couple moments of thinking, you finally gave up and took a quick glance at the two curious males then back at the dishes you were making. "Fine, i'll tell you the story of how i met him..." You said with slight disappointment to your voice.

~Flashback~

It was cold, windy night and you didnt know what to do. You had ran away from the cruel place you shouldnt even call a home a while ago and your baby sister had perished in your arms, because you brought her along with you.

Due to not really eating food from the time you ran away, you were on the verge of dying of starvation, your bones could easily be seen, so you didnt have much body heat to keep you warm this night.

You left your sweater with your baby sister, not wanting to retrieve it. You had buried her in it because you thought that her corpse needed to stay warm too. Also to show her that you still care for her in the after life.

She was your only reason that you were still living, you just wished you had more experience in taking care of her in such weather and environment.

"Everything will be okay...we'll make it through this together..." You would tell her in times of despair and desperation. Though, you underestimated how delicate a baby's body actually is.

Every time she came to mind, a flood of tears would embrace your face, and the thought of suicide would come to mind. You were only a child and you already wanted to die...

There you laid, sleeping in the middle of the forest, where you had established your new home until death decides to take you... like it took her. You had a batch of sticks set up in the correct order to create a fire but the problem was...you didnt know the proper steps of how to actually start a fire.

You didnt even have a will or an ambition that told you to stay alive...everything you once had cherished is gone...including your will for survival...

You thought this was your last night of living, and you had established it in your mind.

"I want to go to a better place than this.."

You would keep telling yourself, hoping that time would come.

You waited and waited that cold night for death to come upon you...but it never did.

Instead, you woke up in the middle of that night in someone's lap and close to a bright and burning fire. You felt warmth and peace.

"Eat. You need to." A male voice said and you looked to see the male offering some bread, which you took it and ate it, because of your instincts telling you to eat.

"Who are you? Why are you saving me? Why didnt you let me just die here? I have nothing!" You said to him, once you finished the bread, with anger in your voice.

"Name's Ace. You're needed in this world, find something to live for. Your ambition." He glanced at your frowning face. But that frown turned to sadness.

"There's nothing to live for...its too late, i had only one chance and i blew it...i lost the one i care for most..." You inferred to her, as you glanced at the fire that seemed to never die, tears rolling down your cheeks.

You felt hands on your waist and suddenly you were facing the raven haired male, who seemed to be not much older than you. Maybe a year or two. Then his hands went up to your shoulders, firmly grasping them.

"You're still a kid! You still have your second chance, its never too late! Now, kid, what is it that you want to live for?"

Tears were still rolling down your face as you stayed silent. You were thinking of an answer to his question but nothing seemed to come to mind. The moment of silence becoming longer until you thought of something.

"I want to become the best female pirate..."

"You have to say it louder, let the world hear what you want."

You stayed quiet for a moment. You were never allowed to raise your voice. Was this a trick? But then ... why would it be? He went through trouble to save you, so why would it be a trick? You took a deep breath and looked him in the eye with a new found ambition.

"I want to become the best female pirate, Ace-san!!"

~End of Flashback~

A/N: 'Ello! Sorry for the wait guys, this is harder than it looks, though i really hope it was worth the wait, its my longest chapter yet. Anyways, i almost cried writing this chapter so i really hope you guys didnt cry. I also hope you enjoy it too! And thank you all for over 440 views! Man, you guys are the best!
~New chapters come out every 2-5 days
~Comment your thoughts or anything
~Did the song go good with this chapter?
~Should i continue to put songs in chapters?