~Chapter 4~

You gently dropped the person you were dragging out the building as you saw the little metal pellets coming towards your direction... and there was nothing you could do.

However, all the smoke that had gotten into your lungs was making your vision blurry and started to block out your hearing. You were seen stumbling as you tried to maintain your consciousness.

"(F/N)!!!" A familiar male's voice said with such panick as you saw a blurry figure coming towards your direction.

But it was too late, the impact of the bullets had already hit your body and your consciousness was giving up as it felt like you were falling into a dark abyss with no chance of escape...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You jerked awake in the submarine medical bed and found yourself hooked onto some sort of oxygen tank and bandages around your torso. You started to panick and take short rapid breaths with your eyes wide, only making your lungs hurt with every short-rapid breath you took.

"Oi, (F/N)-ya, i wouldnt do that if i were you." A smooth voice had said, which made you slowly calm down as well as slowly turn your head towards the owner of the voice.

It was none other than your infamous captain, facing away from you, looking like hes reading some sort of book.

Law closed the book he was currently reading and set it aside, getting up afterwards. The sound of his boots hitting the ground with every step he took and the faint sound from the oxygen tank...thing... filled the room.

"Lets check those wounds, shall we?" That smooth voice seemed to be calming you down and you noticed your captain's lips turned into a smirk.

'Captain looks more exhausted than he usually does...' You would talk to him about that later, or maybe one of your crew members would know.

"Captain..." You started to speak up while you saw the tall man putting on some rubber gloves. "Why am i hooked up to this oxygen tank?" You asked not noticing the very faint grey smoke coming out of your mouth as you spoke.

Law was quiet for a moment, you see him place on some sort of doctor mask before standing beside the bed you were currently laying on.

"The burning building that you rushed into was a factory building." You assumed he saw the confused facial expression because he continued. "Meaning, the smoke that was filling that area you were in was carbon monoxide. You inhaled a large quantity of it that it could have severely damaged your heart and lungs or even cause death if something wasnt done immediately."

You gulped at that statement. "But cant you use your devil fruit powers to take that out of my body?" You slightly furrowed your eyebrows, staring at the man who was carefully cutting off the bandages around your torso.

"I did. But the carbon monoxide gas had already mixed with your lungs and some of the gas was lingering near your heart, so i couldnt take away all of it without killing you. However, this machine will wipe away the rest of the carbon monoxide from your body. In the meantime, just rest and take it easy."

"How long will i have to be hooked onto this?" A slight shiver ran down your spine as you felt the cold rubber gloves lightly touch your skin.

"About one more day." He grabbed some bandages and wrapped your torso with the new ones he had grabbed. "You're healing up properly. That's good." He added with a smirk upon his face.

'More? How long was i here for?'

"Captain, can you get Shachi here? I dont want to be alone." You asked, already having the questions in mind of what you were going to ask him.

"I'll see if hes done with all the chores that i told him to do, as punishment for not getting the supplies like i had said." He said while throwing away the old bandages, his gloves, and the plastic-paper doctor mask.

You gulped slowly, your eyes widening a little bit as you realized that Law probably had some sort of punishment for you when you fully heal. You watched as he walked towards the sink to wash his hands.

"Dont worry about your punishment, you've already received it..." Its like he knew that you were curious and a bit scared about it and you could almost hear the smirk in Law's voice.

You watched as he grabbed his sword that was leaning against the wall. "I'll go get Shachi-ya." He walked out the room, leaving you staring at the ceiling, curious.

"When did i receive punishment?" You asked yourself out loud since you were the only one in the room. You were trying to think about that...

However, the creaking of the door opening took you away from your thoughts as you immediately looked towards the door...or at least attempted to in the laying position you were in.

"(F/n), you're awake!!"

(To be continued...)

A/N: Here goes, yet another chapter! Hope you enjoyed! Oh, and by the way, im sorry if the medical things i have stated in this chapter are wrong, i am not a doctor and have very little knowledge about doctoring...stuffs...
~Comment any thoughts you have about it, also sorry if its bad!
~New chapter every other night!