Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I closed my eyes.

Imagine the scene Adi.. How would Greg react it he figured out that the baby wasn't his?

Ecstatic? Angry? Sad? Disappointed?

I had no idea about what was going to happen there but at least he wouldn't feel guilty anymore..

I sighed and quickly grabbed my bag and cell phone and rushed down the stairs. 

Great, I thought.. Nicky's awake now. 

Nicky still looked tired although she had slept for more then 14 hours.Her eyes were red and her face was pale. I winced. She looked a little bloated..

I quickly walked up to her and gave her a warm hug.

 "Hey..How are you doing now?" I murmured.

She smiled slightly and looked into my eyes. It was terrible to look back into her green eyes.
"I'm okay now." She replied back slowly and then sighed. "But a little tired."

I winced. "You've been sleeping for more than 14 hours.. Nicky, this is definitely not normal.You need to go to a doctor,check if the baby's okay.."

She sighed again." I know Adi but..I don't know.How can I just forget the fact that my parents don't want me anymore and that this baby could lead to so many problems.."

I smiled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "No, no stress. Nicky, I'm here for you. It wasn't meant to happen but it's done.You can't do anything about now."

Her green eyes widened. "There is one option..I'm sure that would fix-" I interrupted her.

"NO! No Nicky!No!" I screamed and stared at her with the wide eyes. How could Nicky even think of that? No!

I grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her vigorously. "Nicky! Abortion is not an option! You're not thinking rationally! This baby.. It's yours. Your blood,your flesh.Killing it is killing a part of your soul.So it was a mistake but that doesn't mean that you have to kill it! There are people out there who would love to be in your shoes right now. And here you are, giving up this wonderful opportunity of being someone's ray of happiness. This baby.. it-it could provide someone all the happiness needed...Don't do it Nicky."

She looked down. Ashamed by her thoughts. "What do I do then Adi? What would you do if you were in my shoes?" She looked up at me again. 

"Well, Nicky. I would first, take care of myself and the baby..Because I would be living for this baby. Second, I know that my friends would be there for me no matter what. And third, maybe after cooling down my parents would talk to me about it.You never know.."

She sighed. "Not my parents Adi.My parents went through the same thing.. And they definitely didn't expect this from me. I mean, I'm not like you Adi..I'm not-"

I gasped. Did Nicky, my bestfriend, just say that?? How could she even say that? What happened to the Nicky who stood by me for everything? "Yeah, you're not like me. A slut, a hoe, a whore, a bitch. Right?" Tears built up in my eyes.. 

Nicky began to shake her head. "No, no thats not what I meant."

"Thats exactly what you meant! Nicky how could you even say this all?? After all I've done for you. Do you know what my mom's gonna think about this one she's gonna come? What am I gonna say to her? And Greg? Who's gonna explain it to him? He still thinks that this baby is his.Will you be able to go and show your face to him and tell him the fucking truth??"

She started crying. That's what she did. 

"Adi! I don't know what to do! My life is a mess! I'm stuck with this baby and-and my parents hate me and you hate me , Greg hates me and Robert's so possessive and crazy and-"

My anger began to slowly vanish. I smiled slightly at her and placed a hand on her shoulder and shook it gently. "Hey.Hey I didn't mean that. You know that I'm always here for you. And few days back my world seemed messed up to me too but you know what, the bad times come to an end. Soon this baby will be born and you'll give it up to adoption and 9 months is a long time and I bet your parents will understand by then. You just need to have faith."

She smiled back at me. "You really think they'll understand?" 

I nodded."I'm so sure.They're your parents after all.They struggled so much to provide you the perfect home with the perfect environment and they never let you feel like you were missing out on a  normal childhood.Nicky, they love you.No matter what they'll always love you.Even if you were a psycho serial killer. "

She laughed and a small twinkle appeared in her eyes. The hope that was lost was returning.

"They just need to some time cool down. They need to understand the situation."

She nodded. "Yeah, you're right.I'll go visit them in few days..You're sure they'll understand right?"

I nodded ." Positive."

She grinned. "Thanks Adi, you're the best! I'm sorry about everything I said.. I-I just.I'm just so scared and I don't know what to do.." I smiled. "You have me "

"By the way, what are we going to do about Greg?" 

I sighed." Before you woke up, I was just about to leave and go over to meet him and tell him the truth.."

She grinned."You were going to do this for me!?OH MY GOSH! Thank you Adi!-"

"It's not so easy Nicky..Greg.Greg's really angry with me.And he doesn't even want to hear my voice.When he called me to check about you he sounded really angry and mean and then when I tried to talk to him he hanged up on me."

She gave me a puzzled look."But why?" 

I winced. "Nicky..I think we need to talk first." I sighed and dropped my bag on the floor and gently grabbed her arm and pulled her down to sit with me on the sofa.

"About what?"

I sighed and bit my lower lip.This is the moment..

"Promise you won't get mad?"

She smiled."Why would I ever?Adi,I owe you so much.I promise."

"Nicky.."I hesitated."I-I seduced Greg."

______________________________________________

CLIFF HANGERRR :D 

I'll update soon :) IMMA FREE BIRD :D