Twenty Three

A/N: Okay guys, here's a new chapter. Sorry for the late update. I've been busy and I wanted to finish writing this story. Few more chapter left.

I'll have an announcement by the end of the story, and no, it's not about a sequel. ;D

Anyways, Enjoy and Happy Reading!

----

Twenty Three

When I’ve finally cleared my head and calm down, I opened the door with a smile. I’m not that heartless to get to business when he just returned. I know it was inevitable, but it doesn’t hurt to prolong the moment a little.

“Welcome back. How was your trip?” I asked as I closed the door after he walked in.

“It was very tiresome. My boss kept me on my toes the whole time.” He replied with a smirk, glancing back at me once as he walked towards the living room.

He made himself at home as he crushed down the couch and putting his bag down on the floor beside him. I eyed him for a moment, raising my eyebrow questionably at his actions. He looked so comfortable, like he had forgotten about our last conversation. If he pretended that he did, I’m not going to bring it up until he did.

“How did your weekend go?” he asked as he undone his tie.

“It went well. The girls and I had gone to the beach, filling your stead.” I replied gleefully and crushed down beside him. “Do you want anything to eat?” I asked after, out of courtesy.

“Did you make anything?” He countered as he eyed me sternly for a moment and smiled.

“I did. I made myself some dinner.” I replied and stood up, turning down towards him in challenge. “How do you like my cooking?” I asked.

“I love your cooking. What did you make?” He answered in defense and asked with interest.

“Okay. I didn’t cook. I ordered some Chinese food and I have some leftovers.” I admitted in defeat and turned around, walking towards the kitchen.

“That sounds marvelous.” He stated, chuckling in delight.

“You know I can cook, right?” I asked aloud in mock challenge.

“I know. But, only the breakfast kind, you’re limited to that area of expertise.” He remarked in mock tease, chuckling still.

I reheated the leftovers and set the dining table. I sat with him as he eat, drinking a glass of wine, my second round for the night – which he doesn’t know. We talked about my weekend since he doesn’t give me a hint that he wanted to talk about his. I skipped on the part with the serious talk I had with the girls and focus on the fun parts of that day.

As we both laugh after I told him about my girl’s day out, and our shenanigans, I thought about when he would brought it up. How am I going to start? How am I going to explain it to him without sounding selfish and inconsiderate? I know that it was going to happen sooner or later, and the wait is starting to kill me.