Twenty two

A/N: Exams are done for me. To celebrate, this chapter is my gift to you my dear readers. You guys have been great and supportive. For that, I'm grateful.

Enjoy and Happy Reading!

----

Twenty two

Since Andre was unavailable for the weekend, and the plan about going to the beach was cancelled, I called on to my trusted group of people who I knew wouldn't say no to an outdoor gathering. I already had this weekend off and I did want to go to the beach. Plus, I wouldn't let this opportunity to bond with my friends slipped away.

Last Friday night, I had Annette's help on planning out the get together with the whole gang. It wasn't that hard to convince three, hard working girls, to take some time off for a beach getaway.

"So, are you girls ready?!" I shouted with enthusiasm as Annette pulled the car in reverse and out of her drive way.

"White sand under a hot sunny day, I can't anymore wait!" Meg yelled as her voice rings inside the car.

"Quit it, Meg. You're so loud and it's still seven in the morning." Rosie complained as she rolled the window down.

"I don't get why we are so early." Noelle stated as she grab something from her purse.

"We are early because the drive there is at least two hours long, and that doesn't include Annette's bathroom breaks." I explained with a grin as we drive the car towards the free way.

"Hey! Do not tease the pregnant woman. My mood swing can turn this day bad in a second." She warned in mock outrage, but her eye was twinkling with excitement. I knew that no foul comment about her could ruin her good mood. She is beyond ecstatic about today.

"You heard here ladies, no pregnancy jokes for the rest of the day. Glad I got that out before she bands it." I stated and laughs, everyone joining in.

And, as I've estimated, it did take us more or less two hours to get to the beach. Annette had at least three bathroom breaks on the way here. After we parked the car, we went to a small stall by the beach to get some refreshment and take a few minute breaks. When we had our fill, we headed out to the beach with our umbrellas, blankets, and a basket full of picnic goodies. We came prepared for this day.

We set up just a few meters by the sea. The beach wasn't that crowded yet since it's still quite early for other people. We lie down after setting up and soak up some sun before heading out the sea. The few minute silence was very relaxing. But, such luxury could only last long went you are surrounded by friends.

"So, we heard that you're dating someone, Ally?" Meg asked. I couldn't help but pinpoint her tone sounded accusing. I knew that I've somehow betrayed her, being that she is still single.

"I have met someone... or had..." I replied silently, trailing off as I remember my last conversation with Andre.

Annette noticed my tone and turn towards me, looking worried. "Is everything alright?"

I gave her a sad smile and lie back down, sighing as I close my eyes. "It's complicated."

"Spill, Ally. We've hardly know what's going on with you now, except for Anne." Meg stated with conviction as the rest of the girl looked at me sternly.

I know, somehow within this day, this was bound to happen. "I don't know where to start..." I sighed in defeat and sat up, trailing off as I try to gather my thoughts.

"Why not tell us the reason of that gloomy expression of yours?" Rosie asked, raising an eyebrow at me questionably.

I eyed her for a moment before I replied. "Last night, Logan came by my place..." I started softly as I tell them vaguely about Logan's confession. And then, I paused for a moment before continuing on my last conversation with Andre. It was better to get it all out there in the silver platter.