Eleven

Eleven

As I walk towards him in the living room, I wore my best poker face. I felt proud with myself that I was able to conjure up such expression in just a less amount of time to prep myself. I stop just a foot from him as I gaze towards his face, which mirrors mine, expressionless.

"What do you want, Logan?" I asked sternly, breaking the eerie silence that envelopes us.

"How are you feeling?" he asked softly, his expressionless face faltered, ignoring my question.

"I'm fine, healthy as a horse." I replied, my lips tight. I felt my heart slightly quicken at his question.

I look away at those blue eyes, which also soften just like his voice, and glance at the balcony behind him with a sigh. I close my eyes and rubbed my head with my good arm, turning back and gaze at his face. His eyes now zoned at my casted arm, looking at it sternly as his jaws locked shut, like he was clinching is teeth.

"Logan. I'm fine." I said aloud, getting his attention and his eyes away from my casted arm.

"Ally, I'm your doctor. I know how much fine you are." He said softly, his eye softening again as a small smile linger in his lips.

I smirked at his words, knowing that he is right about that fact. He pretty much knows how well I am than myself. "If you knew, why do you have to ask?" I said lightly, my voice relax and teasing. This is the tone I was looking for, unaffected and light, very friendly-ish.

"I wasn't referring to your health, Ally." He stated his voice almost a whisper.

Of course he didn't mean about my health. "I'm fine, Logan. Don't worry about it. He's not bothering me anymore and he's out of my life." I answered him sincerely.

"Good. Uhm... that's good to hear..." he said shyly, scratching the back of his neck while he gazes down on his shoes. "So. Have you settled in? Do you need some hand with something?" he asked aloud suddenly, changing the topic as he looks around the room.

I stifle my chuckle at his uncomfortable expression and shook my head in disagreement. "Thanks for the offer, but I think I got it." I said lightly, letting out a soft chuckle.

He looks at me and smile, beaming from ear to ear. I stop mid-chuckle as I stare at him, caught off guard. I felt my face flush as my heart started to rise. No. Not again. I'm not blushing again because he smiled at me. I looked away from his gaze and paced towards the dining table, away from him.

"Oh! Do you need any help with that?" he asked. I heard his light footsteps following behind me, which only made my heart beat faster.

I suddenly stop on my track and turn to face him. I didn't notice him or calculated how little the distance I had with him. As I stop and turn, Logan bumped into me. I was pushed back from the force but Logan grab a hold of me, wrapping his arms around my waist in a tight embrace, keeping me from falling in my behind. Shock at the sudden turn of events, I look up at him, his face just inches from mine. I could feel his warm breath in my face as he let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, his arms still around me, his face still inches from mine.

"I... I a..." I stutter, fumbling with my words, my mind incoherent. I pause and cough, clearing my mind and throat. "I'm okay." I replied impassively. I pushed him lightly away from me as I look down and away from his gaze. He got my actions and slowly put down his arms around me and let them fall on his side in defeat.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, his voice low with a hint of sadness in them.

I felt my heart tighten at the sound of his voice, like someone just stab a torn in them. I wanted so much to look up and apologize for my rudeness, but in doing so, it is like I'm apologizing on all of the things I've done to him. So, I turn away from him and started clearing out the plates that was left in the dining table.

He stood there for a minute like a statue. I tried to ignore him, not knowing how to approach him after that situation. When I've cleared the table and had all the dirty dished in my sink, I sighed heavily and turn to face him again.

"It's late. I think I need to get to bed..." I stated wearily, keeping my eyes away from his and stared at the white, baseball shirt he was wearing. It was the first that I notice his outfit the whole night. I was always looking at those eyes.

"Okay. Good night, Ally." He replied and started to retreat towards the door.

I walked just a few steps behind him, trying to keep a good distance. I don't know who long I could keep myself from jumping him. If I were to feel those eyes on mine and those strong, warm embrace around me again, I would crumble all resolve I have left and just get on with my instincts.

When we reached the door, I kept it ajar, leaving only a small open space, small enough for my head and half of my body to peek through. I waited for him to get into his apartment, which now I just realize is across from mine. As he got in and slowly closes the door, I let out a sigh and slowly close mine.

"Hey! Ally?" Logan asked aloud, making me stop and look back at him. "I had a really goodnight. Thank you. Sweet dreams." He stated and smiled softly. Then, he finally closes his door, leaving me there, numb and awe-struck again.

I slowly closed my door, still speechless by what happen again. Why do those simple words that come from him makes my heart work double time? Okay. Now, I am officially in trouble. How am I going to concentrate on living a perfectly good life of abstinence when someone like that lives across from me? And, oh yeah, don't forget the gorgeous British guy who seem to have an interest in me. Sure! That's not something to think about. I think sleep wouldn't come as easily as it had for me tonight.

By morning, I groan as I rolled myself out of bed when my alarm went out. I almost beat the thing to death, feeling annoyed. Mostly the annoyance is directed to me rather than my alarm clock. It's my fault that I only got to sleep three hours last night because I was thinking about unnecessary things.

It's a Sunday, which means I didn't have any works to occupy me. Though I'm quite relieved that I have my Sunday off-day after a month of endless work, but right now, I was in need to have some distractions. I didn't have anything planned for the day, so I got myself to the bathroom, lazily, and clean myself up for the empty day I have in stored for myself.

As I opened the door and walk out of my apartment to get coffee, I stand stiff as I stared at the woman across from me. Her back to me, she knocked on Logan's door. Straight blond hair tied up in a ponytail, wearing a white shirt and jeans. From the figure of her back, I can somehow pinpoint who is this girl. I couldn't really gasp the situation and kept on standing there, gapping at her like an idiot. Finally, she notices me. I now have a clear view of his facial features; the girl who might be Logan's girlfriend.

"Uhm... Hi. Do you know if the person living here is home?" she asked, reeling me back to reality.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, slightly tanned skin and slim, tall figure. Logan sure knows how to pick them. In contrast, my chestnut brown hair and green eyes, and petite figure - and from the looks of it, I'm a whole lot, foot shorter than her - plus, my fair skin - I look plain to her Victoria secret model stature. This is not how I plan for my mornings.

"Oh... Uhm... I really don't know. I just got up." I replied truthfully, turning away from her to close the door. I took a huge sigh of relief when my face was turned away.

"Oh. Okay." She stated, sounding defeated. I look at her, her words reflecting her expression. "Do you know when he is coming back?" she asked, her face looking hopeful.

Now I felt trap. If I answer that question, I would seem like a stalker, which I'm certainly not. "I really don't know. I just moved here. So, I don't know anyone yet." I replied, adding that white lie in the end. I took a side way step towards the elevator, itching to get away from this situation. I only prayed that Logan doesn't show up and ruin my escape plan.

"But, you can wait a few more minutes. He might be back, or continue knocking, maybe he is asleep." I offered, taking another step away, not letting her say another word. "Well... Uhm... I'm sorry I couldn't help much, I've got to go." I added and gave her an apologetic smile.

"Oh. No worries. Thank you." She said with a small smile, and waved goodbye.

I took off towards the elevator and frantically press the button. Relief swept through me when it open, but as I step inside, I collided with something or someone. I stumble backwards slightly but I was able to get my footing since someone grabbed my wrist to steady me. I look up and met the one thing I've dreaded on seeing.

"Hey there. Why the hurry?" Logan asked, smirking, his hand still holding my wrist.

Startled at his sudden appearance, I shoved my arm away from his hold. "Yeah. I have some things to sort." I replied urgently and got inside the elevator as he stepped out, his gaze following me the whole time. "Someone is waiting for you outside your apartment." I stated sadly after I got safely inside and met his gaze.

This alarmed him and turns around to look at the blond girl standing by his door. He turns to look at me, his eyes apologetic. "It's not like..." he started but was cut off as the elevator door suddenly closes in front of us.

Now, I'm left hanging. What was he going to say? I shake the thought away, refraining myself from thinking about possibilities and delusions of mine - especially after I just have a rough night, thinking about him. As I got out of the apartment building, I head straight to my favorite coffee shop across the street. Waiting in line for my turn to order, I got my phone out and called Annette.

"Hey. How was the neighbor party thing last night?" Annette asked before I could get a word out.

"Did you know that Logan live in the same building on the apartment across from mine?" I asked sternly, ignoring her question. I don't want to get swayed with her distractions if she is trying to get out of this.

"What?! Logan? 'The' Logan Stanley?" Annette asked, gasping in surprise. "I don't know about this!" she continued, sounding hurt from my accusation.

"Yes. Who other Logan do we even know that concerns me?" I asked sarcastically, rolling my eye at her reactions.

"My god, Ally. I don't know about any of these... Maybe it's coincidence... or fate..." she stated sternly, and then slowly her last words turned teasing. I could imagine her evil look right now, her mind plotting some sort of getting-back-together plan.

"Don't you dare do anything about this, Annette. I'm serious." I warned, my voice grieve with underlying threat. "Let's talk about this later. I'm coming over." I added.

"Okay. Oh! I can't wait to hear more of this..." she stated excitedly, ignoring my threat.

I smirk, shaking my head in disagreement, and said my goodbye since I was up next to order. When I got my caramel macchiato, I head out and rode a bus to Annette and Tristan's place, taking my time to get there. It takes about an hour getting there by bus. When I reached my destination, I didn't hesitate to go around back and enter the house. I called for Annette as I enter and heard her answer, her voice ringing just around the corner in the living room.

"Why can't you be a normal person and just knock in the front door?" Annette asked as I walked towards her, settling myself on the couch beside her.

"I'm not normal. I'm family. This is as much as my home as yours, sister-in-law." I stated nonchalantly, repeating an answer to this repeating question.

She smirked at my nonchalance and turns her attention to me. "So. Logan." She stated aloud, grabbing my attention.

"Can you at least wait until I've settled down before bombarding me with questions?" I asked, rolling my eyes at her, sighing exasperatedly.

She smirked and raised her eyebrows at me, glancing up and down at my comfortable position in the couch. I sighed heavily at her. This only fueled her amusement and beams at me. "So. Logan." She stated again.

"He lives in the apartment across from mine." I started, stating the facts of the situation. "And, something happened last night, also this morning." I added, my voice low as a whisper, wincing slightly at the memory.

"Did you guys kiss and have sex?" she asked frankly, her face filled with excitement for this information.

"Oh! Ew! No! What the hell, Annette?!" I asked, shocked by her words, gasping slightly in surprise.

"Oh! Come on! I know you're still hang up with that man... I know you want to..." she stated, snorting as she rolled her eyes.

"God, woman! That was ages ago... this is a different situation." I countered, still shock by her words.

"How is this different?" she asked, eying me, her eye glistening with excitement. I didn't get why she was happy about this, it is seriously not a good, happy moment.

"The guy has a girlfriend who I just met this morning. Plus! I almost kissed him last night! I'm not that woman, Annette! I'm no freaking home wrecker! F*ck! I got cheated by my ex-of-a-douche bag, grinding up his a** with a home-slut-wrecker!" I exclaimed, shouting out my frustrations at the top of my lungs, which made me breathless after saying it.

"Okay. Okay. Just chill and relax, Ally. Jez... you get so emotional when it's about your love life." She said soothingly, patting my shoulder to calm me down.

I turn and eyed her deadly, not really in the mood for teasing. She just gave me an apologetic smile and continued to pat my shoulder until I relaxed. "I'm sorry about my emotional outburst. I'm just a wreck these days..." I said softly after a few minutes of silence between us.

"Well... I'm sorry too for being a b*tch. I didn't mean to get you emotional." She said and smiled at me softly. "So... Uhm... you almost kiss him?" she added, pausing for a moment to ask, her eye twinkling with amusement.

"Oh! God! Annette, it was awful. I just don't understand the situation anymore. He stayed behind after the others left and offered to help me clean up. And then, Oh clumsy me, I just almost made an embarrassing scene and fumble down the floor, but he got to me and grab me by my waist. It surprised me. The closeness... His breath was right at my face..." I said, telling her the story, and trailed off in a blush as I remember that intimate moment. I shake my head to get rid of those thoughts.

"Oh. Ally. Ally. What am I going to do with you?" she asked softly, nodding her head in disagreement as her lips twitch into a smirk.

"What?" I asked her, confused by her words.

"You are so obtuse sometimes... I mean, really..." she stated softly to herself, chuckling.

"Obtuse? Me? Obtuse?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

She closed her eyes and she shook her head, her lips turn up in a tight lip smile, not pressing her point. "So, he has a girlfriend? How do you know that this girl is a girlfriend?" she asked, changing the subject to distract me, which actually works.

"I saw her with him before when I was getting my coffee." I admitted in a blush, my voice low from embarrassment.

"Oh my. I didn't know you stalk people these days, Al." She said with a teasing grin, chuckling with amusement at my discomfort from my admission.

"I wasn't stalking. I just happen to be in the right place at the right time." I defended.

"Sure you were." She says, clinch teeth, still grinning.

I roll my eyes at her reply and pushed her playfully, keeping my lips on a grim line but smile after she chuckled at my reaction. We didn't anymore talk about Logan after that. I was grateful for her and not press on the subject further. For the rest of the day, we stayed inside the house talking about non-essential things and gossip about famous people as we watched television. Around dinner time, my brother finally made an appearance. He had a call at work for the day since one of the doctors was out on a leave for some family emergency. I stayed with them for dinner before heading back home.

Tristan offered to give me a ride back, which I gratefully accepted since I didn't want have the patience to ride an hour in the bus back home. When we got to my apartment building, he offered me to walk me to my door but this time I decline. I didn't ask him about the Logan thing since I know he would get emotional as I have. He knows the depth on my situation with him then Annette. He had my respect and I to him when it comes to romantic relationships. I give him a light peck on the cheeks and head on out to my apartment. I felt quite relieved when I safely got inside uninterrupted.

That night, it was the same as last night, I twisted and turn as I thought of the happenings this weekend. I mentally slap myself, feeling idiotic to have him affect me like this. So, I willed my eyes to close and tried to empty my mind as I let sleep envelope me.

---

A/N: Hey, Mel here. I love, love writing this chapter. I even laugh at my own words as I wrote it. hahaha... This was written when I was in a very good mood. I forgot why I have happy, I just was.

Anyways, I hope this chapter makes you smile as I wrote it with a smile.;D

Have an awesome, flamboyant day!