Chapter five

All throughout the day Cassie took me through the school giving me a tour, and taking me to her classes. Tomorrow I would start on my new schedule and take the bus.
I've never had a school day go by so fast. All I did all day was introduce myself to a bunch of people and hang out with Cassie. At lunch we sat together with her friends. She introduced me to them. Like me, she had a tight-knit bunch of friends. But they seemed a little popular.
Crap.
I'm not very good at the whole "popular" thing.
When Cassie's mom dropped me off from school I thanked her. I went straight in the house and realized i was the only one home. This almost never happened.
Let me rephrase.
It never happened.
I decided to take a soothing bath. Something to treat myself to after my first day of school in Indiana.
I let the bath water run for a minute to heat up before I get in. I then get in and squeeze a few drops of lavender bubble bath.
When I'm done, I decide to just throw on my pajamas already. When I walk out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my head, I notice that my parents are home. They greet me and I smile and walk into the kitchen and grab a snack. Later that night I finally remembered to text Ana. She asks a lot about what it's like here, so far away. After about an hour on the phone, I decide I should get some sleep. I tell her goodnight and go to bed.
-The Next Morning-
I wake up and decide not to take a shower since I took that bath last night. I decide to wear my hair naturally- wild waves. I tame them down with anti frizz spray. I put in a simple pair of light wash jeans and a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt. I add on a pair of black converse.
I eat breakfast and go out to my bus stop. I don't notice any of the faces at my bus stop. When the bus gets there we all get on and I find an empty seat towards the front. Everyone else was talking while I was listening to music on my phone. I'll need to tell Cassie she needs to start riding the bus with me.
When we all get to school I go to the office for my official schedule, locker number and combination. I find my locker and open it. I take out all the supplies from my backpack and stack them neatly into the bottom of the locker. I hang my backpack up on one of the hooks and look down at my schedule.
First period English.
I grab all my English supplies and head that way. Once I make it to the English classroom, I sit down. I was one of the first people there. I just sit there and doodle in my notebook. With about 2 minutes until the late bell left, everyone starts to pile in. The last person in had only about 30 seconds left until the bell. He takes a seat in the back of the classroom surrounded by a bunch of girls. I look over at him and realize he's that "dick" Cassie told me to not get attached to.
After the bell rings the teacher stands up and begins talking.
"Ok class. As you all know we are to start our 2 week project on Romeo and Juliet. I randomly matched up pairs to work on this assignment last night."
He begins calling off names. When he says a pairs names, they would move towards each other. Me and the "dick" were the only two left.
"Victoria and Taylor. You two will be working together."
Once he says our names I move my way towards his desk.
"Hi." I say.
He just nods in response.
"Um, I don't really know what we're supposed to be doing so..." I trail off.
He then looks me straight in the eye. "Can you stop talking? Look I'd rather be working with Amanda than you so just stay quiet and do the work."
I didn't know how to respond. My jaw just dropped.
"That's it sweetheart" he says. The whole rest of the period he just sits and talks to Amanda.
When the bell rings I follow him out of the classroom. I didn't care if I am late to my next class. I have time for this.
"Hey! Taylor!" I yell.
He turns around and gives me a menacing stare. "What?" he spits out.
"You don't have any right to treat me like that." I say sternly
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah" I say
He then comes up to me and slams me up against the lockers behind us. I feel my cheeks begin to burn.
"You. Will. Do. All. The. Work. Got it bitch?"
"Y-y-yeah." I stutter.
"Good."
He slams me into the locker one more time before he leaves.
Cassie's was right.
He's a dick.