Chapter one

"Are you kidding me!?" I yelled at my parents. "Seriously?"

"Victoria, just listen to me!" my father said.

"My work needs me to move so we can be closer to the offices."

"You didn't even ask me!!"

"Sweetie, it's not about you."

"What do you mean it's not about me? This affects my whole life! I like this house and I like where I go to school. Why do we have to mess it all up and move?"

"I'm sure you'll like the neighborhood were moving to." my mother says, trying to calm me down. "It's a smaller house than what we have now but-"

"What do you mean it's smaller? The house we have now is perfect. There's a perfect place for everything!"

"Well, your father and I liked the neighborhood, so we made a few sacrifices."

"And you did all this without thinking of me?"

I angrily pushed my chair out from underneath me and pounded my way upstairs. My father just told me that we were moving to Indiana. I don't even remember where it is in the country. Hopefully it has a beach like California. Isn't Indiana the place full of corn and home of the redneck? We were going to be moving at the end of this week. I had just three days to pack and say goodbye to my friends at this school. I'm not popular at all here at my school, but that's ok. I love my friends and no one is better than them. I can be a bitch sometimes - and they put up with it. They really are true friends.
My thoughts are interrupted by someone knocking on my door. "What?!" I yell.
"I have some boxes for your things." my dad says, sitting them inside my room.
"Whatever." I reply.