Chapter four

My mom opened the front door to see who knocked. I decided to follow her just out of curiosity. My mom opened the door to reveal a girl my age with long, brown hair that reached down to her back.

"Hi, I live just next door", she says, pointing over her shoulder. "My mom saw the moving van and thought she'd bake you some cookies." She then extends her hands with a basket filled to the rim with baked goods.

I decided you could never make friends early enough. "Hi I'm Victoria," I say. "Victoria Scott. And, um this is my mom."

The girl looks at my mom and gives her a smile.

"Hi!" she says with a perky tone in her voice. "I'm Cassie!"

"It's nice to meet you." I say.

"You too! Hey, I should go now, but call me sometime and maybe we could hang!"

"Yeah, ok. Maybe you could show me around the first day or..."

"I'd love to!"

"Ok! Make sure to tell your mother I said thank you!" my mom said.

"Will do, Mrs-"

"Just call me Mrs. Scott."

Cassie nods her head and smiles wide.

My mom closes the door after Cassie walks away. "She seems nice!"

I nod then head down the hall to my bedroom. I grab my pajamas- oversized blue fuzzy sweatpants, and a large Coca-Cola t-shirt. I walk into the bathroom and yell "IM TAKING A SHOWER."

After my shower, I walk back into my bedroom and throw my dirty clothes on the floor. It was nearly 10 p.m. - so I decided it was time to go go bed and plop down on my bed.

I soon fell into a deep sleep.

--First Day Of School--

I decided to get ready a little early so I could head over to Cassie's house so her mom could take us to school together. I decided to take a shower, blow dry and straighten my shoulder-length, black hair. I didn't know what to wear, so I sat in my closet, looking up at my clothes for half an hour, trying to decide what to wear.

I finally decided on high-waisted leather pants with a white slouchy sweater.

I put on my makeup - that consists of concealer, eyeliner, and mascara.

I slipped on a pair of black Vans.

I tell my mom I'm that I'm going over to Cassie's for her mom to drive us.

When I knocked on her door, she told me that she was just heading over to get me.

I smile and we get into her mom's car and we head to school. when we get there, we walk into the building and she takes me to the front office.

She began talking to the lady at the desk.

I suddenly spaced out, my thoughts and actions filled with nervousness.

I come back when I hear Cassie say "Oh, don't get too attached to him. He's such a dick."

I blinked lightly, and then focused my attention on a beautiful boy wearing a rainbow bandana talking to his friends.