Chapter three

-Second day in Indiana-
I was in the kitchen with my mom, helping unpack some of the dishes. I was putting the cups into the cabinet while she was putting silverware into the drawer.
My dad was beginning to set up the bathrooms.
Today was Tuesday. I get one week to settle in before I start school. My first day will be Monday.
The house we bought was a large, one story house. It was in a neighborhood, surrounded by friendly neighbors. Back in California, we lived on a large square of property so we didn't exactly have neighbors. It was a little different here, but I think I kind of liked it. It was something different - something fresh.
After I finished putting the cups away, I headed up to my room to put away my clothes and other things. I slept in my room last night, but it was pretty late - so, I didn't exactly look around because I was exhausted from the two days of driving.
I walked into my room and gave it a close look. I gasped. I hadn't realized how small it was.
It was a square room. It had a small closet that you could barely walk into. When you walked into my room, the bed is facing you. That was the only thing that I had set up so far.
The room didn't have its own bathroom. That would definitely be something I will miss. There was one small window across from the closet.
That was it.
It want much, but then again, like the rest of the house, I kind of liked it.
I began to hang up my clothes. I started with my pants and then my shirts.
I asked my dad to help me move in my dressers and desk.
Once we did that, I thanked my dad and went back to unpack my things.
It took nearly all night but I finally finished unpacking.
I went to the dining room for dinner, starting to get hungry.
After dinner, when we were sitting on the couch, we heard a knock on the door.
My mom got up and answered it.
I decided to get up to see who it was.
*************************************
Sorry this was a boring chapter. It gets more exciting I promise XD I'll probably end up updating it later anyway I have no school today so I'm really bored.