Meeting Anthony

After that very, humiliating ordeal his ‘majesty’ had some business to attend to, so I had permission to roam the grounds. It’s like I’m a prisoner.  Of course I wasn’t allowed to roam everywhere, there were forbidden areas.  I wasn’t allowed in the east wing of the castle, he’s obviously hiding something there. It reminds me of beauty and the beast, she was to forbidden to go there, except her area was the west wing. I was also forbidden to go anywhere near the lake, or the forest. How borings that? Right now I’m just wandering around the gardens, bored out of my mind. They are very beautiful though, he must have forced someone to do it. It looks like it would take days just to tend to.

“Actually he has fairy’s and garden imps to do it.”

I quickly spun around wandering who spoke to me, obviously another mind reader. But to my surprise no one was there. The only thing there was a beautiful horse. Who knew that the devil liked such simple, gentle creatures like horses?

“I take that to offense you know!”

I’m losing my mind; I swear that horse just spoke to me!

“That’s because I just did.”

This horse is actually talking to me. I wonder what other creatures are here, singing rabbits, mumbling sheep or maybe a barking mad dog! I walked over to the horse and placed my hand on his head very slowly.

“Dear, I don’t bite. I like a good smooth just as much as any other horse.”

I started to smooth him, he was lovely. He reminded me of black beauty, his coat was a deep black and he was very soft to touch. He will be much better company that Lucifer.

“So, do you have a name young lady?”

“My name is Cassie; it’s very nice to meet you Mr?”

“Ah, my name is Xanthus, but the master calls me Anthony. You may do the same my Queen.”

“Where do you come from Anthony?”

“I originally came from Greece, but not many of your kind take to well to an immortal horse that can talk. That’s when the King rescued me and brought me here.”

I was about to respond when Lucifer came out of nowhere. He gave Anthony a good hard pat and fed him some sugar lumps. He then grabbed my arm and dragged me away. I was rather enjoying my conversation with Anthony; I was hoping to get some answers from him. We slowed down to a walking pace, and his had went from holding my arm to holding my hand. He swung them gently in between our bodies with a smile on his face.

“What are you so happy about?”

He pulled us to a stop and stared into my eyes. After a moment he looked away and we started to walk again.

“I’m just glad that you and Anthony get along, he’s my longest companion, and he’s what you would call a best friend.”

I didn’t know the devil could have… friends. He doesn’t seem that bad, but he did sexually harass me. I’m going soft! I am going to get away! Just…pretend, get his guard down. I just have to do it without falling in love in the process. I took a closer look at him and noticed he had a red mark on his chin; I reached up and wiped it away.

“What’s this?”

He looked at my hand and suddenly he had a scowl on his face.

“It’s nothing. Don’t question about it. Its time you got home, go straight to our room. Don’t leave unless I give you permission to.”

With that he just left. He seemed so nice, what’s with the change of mood? I looked at the substance on my hand, and that’s when it struck me. It wasn’t jam or paint, it was blood. And it wasn’t his.

Hey guys! This is just a small chapter I thought id add in. What did you think of Anthony? And what do you think about the blood? please comment fan and vote and as always thanks for reading :) xxx