Squirrels on steroids?

Cassie’s P.O.V.

I had to walk to this stinking club as someone had stolen the battery out of my car! Well I say that but actually it looked like it was clawed out by some kind of animal! What have the squirrels been eating lately, Steroids? But even if they were on steroids they wouldn’t be able to do that kind of damage, it looked like it had been mauled by a much bigger animal, maybe a bear? But we don’t have any here; well maybe it escaped from Bristol zoo. Do they even have bears in Bristol zoo? Suddenly I noticed something in the corner of my eye, as a whipped round to look it disappeared. I really hope it’s not a bear; he didn’t like the taste of my car so he’s come to finish me off! I quicken my pace to get to the club; I notice I’m not that far away. If I could just get in I’ll be safe, and I can get one of the girls to drop me home. My feet are starting to hurt like hell! I knew I should have gone with flats that these stupid things. And worst of all if the bear does attack I can’t run in them unless I want to break an ankle. These heals wanted to kill me all along. I quickly whipped round. I saw it again, I’m not imaging things. It was way too quick to see what it was, so I’m pretty sure it’s not a bear. I slowly took of my heals, set them down on the floor and made a run for it.

Mystery P.O.V.

I couldn’t believe my eyes; she actually took off her shoes and started to run. What the hell is she running for? I looked behind her and noticed one of my demons is chasing her! The idiot, he was a spy, meaning he wasn’t meant to be seen! And now he’s scared her, meaning she’s going to be on edge when I do the big reveal. He will not go unpunished. With a quick snap of my fingers I made him appear before me.

“Master.”

“What was your mission?”

“To spy on the girl.”

“What is one of the most important rules of a spy?”

“Not to be seen.”

“AND YET YOU WERE!”

“Sorry master, I don’t know how she could have spotted me; I’m too quick for human eyes.”

“Yes but she is no ordinary human is she, she is my mate! And what does that mean?”

“That some of your power flows through her, master.”

“Exactly. So if you know all this, WHY THE HELL WERE YOU SEEN!”

“I’m very sorry master, it won’t happen again.”

“No your right it won’t. Seeing as you have been a good demon I will not destroy you, but you no longer work as a spy. Instead you can be my assistant, where I can keep an eye on you.”

“As you wish, master.”

“Now go, I don’t wish to see you, she’s nearly there.”

Really I should have killed him as he ruined my plan, but he has done a lot for me. Any more slip ups and he’s a goner.  I looked through my spying glass and notice she’s only minutes away. Show time.