Monster Mash.

Cassie’s P.O.V

I just kept running not looking back, whatever it was, it was fast. My feet were getting pretty beaten up but I didn’t care, I kept going. I saw the club and ran through the doors. Everyone just stared at me, I must look a mess.

“Cassie? What the hell happened to you?”

I just shook my head trying to get my breath back. She dragged me into the girl’s bathroom and immediately took out what looked like a makeup bag. That’s when I decided to look in the mirror. My makeup had run from the amount I was sweating, my hair was all messed up, my dress was torn and I had blood up my legs where my feet were bleeding for running with no shoes. No wonder everyone was staring at me.

“Come on Cassie, let’s fix you up.”

I just smiled and nodded. The first thing she did was pull out a spare pair of shoes, flats thank god. She placed them on the side and grabbed some tissue. She made it wet and told me to sit on the counter. When she lifted up my foot her eyes went wide, she started to breathe deeply.

“Josie, are you alright?”

She snapped her head up and looked at me; she had a hungry look on her face. She was struggling to get her words out.

“I’m, fine.”

She held her breath and started to wipe the blood of my feet and legs. Once it was all clean she wrapped tissue around my feet and placed the flats onto my feet. Then she let go of her breath.

“Much better.”

I wasn’t sure if that was towards me or if she was talking to herself, but she did seem a lot calmer. Then she pulled out her makeup bag, a brush and a pair of scissors, what the scissors were for I had no clue. She got another tissue and started to wipe off my makeup.

“So, what happened?”

“Well, would you like the short version? Or the long one?”

“Well we have a bit of time; go for the long one,”

So that’s what I did, I told her from when my car didn’t work because the battery was torn to pieces, to being followed and to ending up where we were. She seemed to have a weird look on her face. I swear I thought I heard her say, ‘Idiot, you in trouble’ but it was so quite I couldn’t be sure. By the time I finished my makeup was all done. Gone was my natural look I did, she had given me these smoky eyes which my green eyes stand out. It was quite nice, but the whole reason I wanted it natural was so I got little attention. Next she pulled out some hairspray, I mean seriously how much has she got in her bag? It’s Tiny! Did she borrow it from Mary Poppins or something? She brushed my hair and gave it some volume using the hairspray. Once she was finished it wasn’t the tangled mess it was when I came in. Next she picked up the scissors and knelt down so she was eye level with the end of my dress. She took a good look at one of the rips before giving it a little snip. She then suddenly ripped my dress and took nearly the whole bottom bit of it off. It was so short I’m not going to be able to move in fear that everyone’s going to see my …private areas. She made me stand up and twirl around.

“Good as new! You look beautiful; no one out there is going to recognise you from the girl that came in.”

 We went out the bathroom and I swear there were double the people. I looked up and noticed a man staring out over the crowd from the balcony. He seemed to be searching for someone, that’s when he noticed me and just stared into my eyes. I couldn’t look away, he was so captivating.  He quickly looked away only to look at Josie, it was like they were having a conversation with their eyes. He quickly nodded and disappeared.