Chapter Two

*Not Edited*

Chapter Two

Starting the day with my head down the toilet for half an hour isn’t exactly the best way to start the day. Groaning loudly, I flushed the toilet and walked over towards the sink and grabbed my toothbrush.

I could hardly recognise myself as I looked in the mirror, my dark brown hair that was usually full and bouncy now looked limp and lifeless. My eye bags were becoming more prominent due to the lack of sleep and my skin was a lot paler than it used to be. In a nutshell I looked like shit. Aren’t pregnant people supposed to be ‘glowing’? 

After quickly brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth with mouthwash, I exited the bathroom and strolled into the kitchen. I put the kettle on as I yawned and pulled a mug out. 

“Morning mummy bear.” Leah grinned as she walked into the room. She jumped onto the counter and wriggled her eyebrows.

“Shut up.” I muttered, reaching over her head to grab the jar of coffee beans.

Before I could open the lid, it was snatched out of my hands. “Er hello, no coffee. Bad for the baby.” 

I reached for the jar again only for her to smack my hands away. “A little bit of caffeine won’t hurt the baby.” I told after I tried to reach for the jar again. “Now give it back.” Coffee was something I drank every morning since I was 16. Before I started college I couldn’t stand it, but once the assignments and deadlines after I started college began rolling in coffee became my lifeline. 

“You’re an addict, you won’t stop at just one. From now on if you want a hot drink you’ll have hot chocolate.” Leah declared sternly before putting the jar of coffee beans back into the cupboard.

“You have got to me kidding me.” I muttered. As much I greatly appreciated the support I was getting from Leah, I felt like she going a little overboard. Last night as I was editing my dissertation for my course, she barged into the room and snatched the laptop from my lap and told me to go to sleep because not getting nine hours of sleep could apparently seriously affect the baby. She was wrong of course but she wouldn’t hear a word of it.

“Nope.” She replied, moving past me to get to the fridge. “So I haven’t mentioned this because I didn’t want to stress you out but have you decided when you’re going to contact him?” 

I froze slightly as she said that, I knew who she meant by ‘him’ and I honestly felt petrified at the idea of seeing him again never mind telling him he’s going to be a father. His reaction is what I am most worried about. I don’t think many people take the news that they impregnated someone after a one night stand very well.

“I don’t even know how I’m going to track him down. I left the hotel before he woke up. We didn’t exchange numbers or anything.” I sighed, once again regret filled me as I thought back to that night.

“Well that’s a start, we’ll go to the hotel and find him.” 

“I don’t think that’s going to work.” I said, grabbing two cereal bars from the cupboard. “He doesn’t live there, I vaguely remember him telling me he was living there temporarily for a week.”

“We can still work with that we’ll just ask the receptionist for his info or we can go back to the bar and try to get some answers from there.” Leah suggested. I nodded as I thought about that, I guess that was the only thing we could do.

“You never mentioned his name.” Leah suddenly stated making me blink. 

“Huh?” 

“His name. You’ve never once mentioned it.”