They Tell You They Love You ~(Negan added here)

I'm adding Negan just for MEME

Glenn Rhee

You and Glenn were sitting in the watch tower one night, sharing your shift. Neither of you had started to feel tired yet so you were able to keep each other company for a while.

You spoke for hours, only half paying attention to the world outside of the gates. You learnt his favourite film, band, food, colour and much more. He told you stories about his job as a pizza boy, which you never knew would be so intriguing. You told him about your life working in a retail store, but how you were studying to work in psychology.

But none of that mattered anymore. And part of you was glad that it didn't. If the outbreak hadn't occurred, you wouldn't be sat here with Glenn Rhee in this moment. He made you happier than anyone you had been with before. You had only been together for a month and hadn't dropped the 'L-bomb' yet, but you knew you loved him.

You sat in a comfortable silence, taking turns to look over at the forfeited city. When it wasn't your turn, you look at Glenn instead. The warm fire light glowed over half of his face, as the sun began to set in the distance. When it was your turn, you could feel his gentle stare on you, making your heart flutter and you were sure your cheeks grew pink.

You turned to look at him. You held eye contact for a few seconds. You were prepared to say it, you loved him. Before you could get the works out, Glenn started to speak.

"Y/N," he said softly, "I love you". He looked nervous as you looked down with a giddy smile, you hair falling in front of your face. He pushed the hair behind your ears and lifted your chin up with your finger. You looked at him with a smile.

"I love you too, Glenn." He breathed out a sigh of relief and kissed your forehead before kissing you lips. Who knew a zombie apocalypse could be so romantic.

Rick Grimes

You were living with Rick and Carl in Alexandria as there wasn't enough houses for you to have one to yourself. You and Rick shared a room because, although you offered, Rick insisted that you weren't sleeping on the sofa of the two bedroom house.

This intimacy brought you two close and you began to develop feelings for the man. It made you feel almost guilty; he was a newly single father, his wife had recently died in the past 6 months. You didn't want to put any pressure on him about being with another woman but you also couldn't seem to suppress your feelings.

One night, having sent Carl to sleep over at a new friends house and Judith to stay with Carol, you and Rick cooked a dinner together for the two of you. You used your rations in the cupboards to make a spaghetti bolognese. You hadn't had a proper sit-down meal for weeks, so you really put the effort into this one.

Rick told you to go and sit down at the table and that he would bring the food over, and you obliged. You pulled out your chair at the table, and sat in front of a neatly laid out place mat and cutlery.

"Here you go, madam," Rick joked in a faux posh accent, placing your plate down in front of you and sitting opposite, "please do enjoy."

"Why thank you very much" you mocked, playing along.

You began to eat, savouring the taste and the feeling of sitting down for a meal, and being able to enjoy food rather than eating purely to survive.

"This is nice." You stated.

"It is, we did well." Rick replied.

"No, I mean more than that," you replied, "the food is good but I mean this moment. It's nice to sit down and eat. Not having to worry that a walker is going to interrupt. Knowing that Carl is safe, spending time with his friends. It's nice to be able to take a moment to breath and appreciate the people that you care about. Just to embrace their presence."