Collection of One Shot's

Crazy for You!

I stood at the bar looking out on the crowd of sweaty, sticky, dancing bodies. I looked to the barman and I nod my head in his direction holding up my empty bottle in my hand and within moments another cold beer was placed beside me.

The heat in the room was intense, the music was so loud you could feel the bass in your chest like another heartbeat. The room was decked with red and pink decorations, couples danced and kissed on the side lines, it was slightly sickening but I suppose it was to be expected on Valentine’s Day. I always believed in love at first sight but the thought of that today of all days was not making me feel any better about being out.

I once again asked myself why I was out tonight but I guess like every single bloke out there I was looking for my other half, for someone to look lovingly in my eyes and tell me they love me. I haven’t had very much luck in the past with men, some are just too camp, some are afraid of their sexuality and want to keep me a secret, some are married to women still and the majority of them are players not interested in long term relationships.

I came to the club to drink away my problems but I am beginning to wish that I had just stayed in the house, there doesn’t seem to be very many single people in here and I feel like I am just making a fool of myself. Even if someone came in here they wouldn’t approach me, I could just imagine the look on my face right now and it was probably a massive turn off.

I held up my hand again to the barman and he placed another beer beside me, I thanked him and handed him the money for the drink. I resumed my people watching and as I scanned the bar, I did a double take, through the smoky haze on the dance floor I could see the most gorgeous man ever.

I could feel my mouth drop open, he was tall, dark and handsome. If I had to pick someone who he looked like to describe him I would say Paul Wesley, he had an intense look about him and his eyes were closed as he danced alone. He was so close but it felt like he was a world away, he was making the most of a dark corner of the dance floor. As he danced several people approached him without touching him they would dance with him but he wouldn’t respond he just kept on dancing until they walked away again.

I was surprised that he couldn’t feel the weight of my stare, I had been unable to remove my eyes from him and until he walked away I don’t think I was going to be able to stop staring. Someone cleared their throat behind me and I ignored them, they repeated it this time touching me on the shoulder. I reluctantly turned to face the person and realised it was the barman, he smiled and I give him a curious look.

“That’s Connor, you’ll be lucky mate. Not because there is anything wrong with you but because he just doesn’t give anyone the time of day.” He smiled sadly.

I had a feeling he had been one of the many that had approached the mysterious Connor and received no response to his advances. I smiled back at him and nod my head letting him know I understood, I had no intentions of going over to him anyway. I didn’t want to look even more of a fool and hotter guys than myself had been ignored by him in the short time that I had been watching.

I was trying really, really hard right now to control my heart. It was literally going crazy pumping at rates I had never experienced and sending blood coursing through my body making me flushed. I held up my hand to the barman I needed another drink to cool myself down, again he kindly placed the ice cold beer beside me and I thanked him without taking my eyes off Connor.

I sipped my drink as I watched him sway to the music, it wasn’t a cheesy type of dancing. There was no pole, or missing clothes and he wasn’t touching himself inappropriately, he was simple swaying as if he was lost in the moment completely entranced by the song.