Foster brother chapter 16- I Just want to have fun

-Toni-

School has honestly been going great so far, we have only been going for a month but seeing as how this is my senior year, I need to start strong. Everyone is always asking me how i balance being a mother and still keeping up with my school work, I just let them know that I can do whatever I put my mind too. My parents are a big help when it comes to watching Ant while I am at school. Every day I will call home and check in to make sure everything is going fine. As far as relationships go, Janet is not talking to me and it has been a month, I have seen her hanging around August, which brings me to my next point. I am still single and August has not even tried to make a move on me, which really blows because I still love him dearly. Whenever he comes over to see Ant or to pick him up he barely has anything to say to me. That also blows because he and I were inseparable at one point, but getting over death does take time. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thinking about Callie, Ant is so big now that it makes me sad to think he won't even remember he had a sister. On a lighter note, Tamar and I are back closer than ever, she is also a big help with Ant and I really could not ask for a better family. It is about 6:15 in the morning and I am slowly trying to find an outfit for school, I barely slept so this is how I spend my time. I am so used to getting up with a screaming child, but he helps now so that has really thrown me off my game. I look over into his crib and he's holding the teddy bear that August bought for him, it's amazing how much he's grown and I see so much of August that it is uncanny. I'm dreading sitting in a classroom with him for the next hour, something is off with him. I can't pin point it yet but I hope he doesn't fall back into his old ways. Aug has been very distant, even when he's over here visiting Anthony; I really wish I could get him alone and talk to him, I know he isn't expressing his emotions anymore. I can't put into words the dramatic effect that he's putting up.

************************

-August-

I rolled over and I looked at the clock, I got up and I headed to the shower. After spending 15 minutes in there I decided to come out and get dressed, I finished makin myself look like the daddy I know I am. I grabbed my bag and I headed out to pick up Aaron. Its Friday, I'm off work and I don't have to pick up Ant. I may have a little thotty slide by to kill some time or I may just chill with Aaron. I pulled into Aaron's driveway and he was over here waiting for me, he got in and we did our handshake and I pulled off.

"What's good with you August?"

"Slow motion my nigga, it's Friday my dude. What we on tonight, some Ps4, finding some chicks to mess with?" I asked

"August, you know I have a lady. I think it's time for you to give Toni another chance. She really loves you dude, she hasn't really been giving any guys any of her attention."

"I forgot you did, but it's cool. I was gonna have someone slide through anyway. As far as Toni goes, she can move on and fuck whoever she wants. She's only my baby mama, that's all she's gonna be. It's whatever Aaron; Toni fucked with the wrong one so imma make her suffer by makin her watch me with these other girls"

"You know what August; I really think you got this twisted. I don't think you should play around with Toni's emotions."

"It's whatever Aaron; let's just get ready to head to class. I don't truly care about what she's on; I'm sick of these girls just thinkin they can do whatever."

"If you say so Aug, but I don't think this is going to end as well as you think"

When I walked in, I saw Toni up against the locker talkin to Keri. Aaron saw me flip a switch and I instantly got heated when I saw him over there by Toni. I looked over and I decided to walk away, if she wants to get beat up by that nigga then that's her issue. I grabbed my books out of my locker and decided that I would actually go to math class.