Chapter three: the first...

Chapter Three:

“They’re mine” 

My head snap towards the doors direction. It couldn't be. Leaning on the doors frame, Bianca flashes me a toothy grin.

“We missed you at the formal last night, Dee.” 

 Tucking her thumbs into the pocket of her shorts she casually makes her way towards me, her pony tail swaying along in sync with her movements. Stopping in front of me she raises her eyebrows at me.

“What no squeals of excitement? No over dramatic hugging? your just gonna stay silent?”

I feel my eyes widen more if it's even possible, it really is Bianca. I take a gulp of air as her eyes bear into mine.

“Oh I get it, you’re just to shocked to see me. Knowing you, you probably think I’m just an illusion...”

Her eyes search mine while she takes another careful step towards me, ripping my eyes from hers I stare at the ground. No eye contact, No eye contact... Feeling her hands on my shoulder she gives me a small smile, her eyes watering slightly, she pulls me into a tight hug. 

I stand there motionless, unmoving and hands by my side. Unwrapping her arms from around me Bianca takes hold of my hand.

“Dee? Dee please say something.”

Looking up I notice we are the only ones left in the foyer area, carefully removing Bianca’s hands from me, i walk past her towards the portrait hanging in the foyer. Looking back I notice Bianca staring down at her hands, hurt evident on her face. No longer finding her hands interesting she makes her way beside me. I watch her eyes take in the picture; her lips curve upwards forming a soft smile. Watching her dimples come in to view as her smile widens, I can’t help but feel a pang of jealousy. I used to be like that, always smiling. Turning my attention back to the picture of me and dad my eyes zero down to the identical smiles we both had in the photo. Hearing a small giggle, I take notice of Bianca shaking her head slowly.

“You always hated kisses, up until you were about twelve and then you started dreaming about your first kiss.” paying attention once more I focus on the kiss my father was attempting to place on my cheek. His eyes are what mesmerise me the most, a mirror image of mine we both have the same coloured eyes, an intense forest green colour with three specks of gold near the pupil.

“Do you miss him?” Bianca questions, pulling of her cashmere cardigan.

“Who?” I reply making my way towards the kitchen.

“Your dad.”

“Shouldn't I?”

“Right? umm, well I’m here for Monday I mean, his death anniversary and all.”

Stopping mid way in my tracks I cross my arms over my chest. Hearing her footsteps come to a stop behind me, the both of us were enveloped in a quite silence.

“Umm, Dee what’s wro-“

“Why are you here Bianca?” My voice is cold and bitter. Turning on my heel, my eyes narrow at Bianca, but hide firmly behind my fringe. Her blue orbs widen while her smile falters, taking one cautious step she reaches out for me.

“Don’t, now why are you here? Why did you come Bianca?” A look of confusion takes over her face, I hate doing this. I can feel  the anger inside me begin to boil, taking in a deep breath, I begin to calm myself, I can't risk to get angry. At least not yet.

“You’re my best friend May, what? I can’t just come over to see how you're doing.” As she takes one step towards me, I follow by taking one step back.