Chapter six: New encounters

Chapter six is finally up! Hope you like it, because I had to write this chapter up while barfing every ten seconds. See what a dedicated writer I am, I wrote this with my fever being my only source of energy.

So yeah enjoy follow wattpadians and make sure you keep smiling. XD de2ire

Previously on chapter five:

That’s why I seal the envelope closed; stare at it blankly for a minute thinking of how long it has before it turns into ashes just like the others. Holding it close for a minute longer I slip in the envelope into the dark world of my box. Once inside it can never come out but once it does it’ll return as ashes. Moving from my seated position I bend onto the ground open the canvas bag, carefully placing the box inside. Turning the key, I lock the box. As long as no one sees inside everyone is safe...for now.

Chapter Six

Delilah’s p.o.v

Dave, the family’s private chauffeur tips his hat once I step outside.

“Good morning Miss Evans, how you make that uniform look good is beyond me.” Dave removed my bag from my shoulder, before obediently opening my door for me. It seems like nobody here thinks I’m capable of doing anything on my own. Nodding my head at him, I slipped into the back of the car. Unlike all the other doctors, Ms Finch didn’t treat me like some experiment instead she lets me talk when I want to, stay silently if that’s what I want. Every second Tuesday, I find myself in her office for two hours before going back to school. I haven’t known her for long but for some odd reason I trust her, maybe it’s because she doesn’t ask questions and accepts the new me.

The houses front door shut closed, the sound of heels clicking across the pavement came through. Staring outside the tinted windows I allow my fingers to toy around the silver metal hidden underneath my school blouse. Dressed in a silk peach top and a cream coloured skirt, mum seems younger looking than ever. Her tamed curls fall gracefully past her shoulders; unlike mum my hair became wavier rather than curly as I grew. With her face only applied with minimum makeup, mum accessorised with a pearl necklace.  Greeting Dave she spoke firmly with him before nodding her head, opening her palm Dave placed the key to her beloved Mercedes into her hand. Entering the driver’s side of the car mum adjusted the rear view mirror; her eyes fell on me before turning to look at me.

“Delilah! I didn’t know you were here. How are you sweetie?” her left fingers caught my attention, her wedding ring is missing. Noticing my eyes inspecting her finger she turned back to the steering wheel.

“I’m good.” I muttered.

“That’s good.” She turned the car on but didn’t make a move to drive yet.

“Ms Finch is a good person.” she didn’t say this to me, almost like she’s confirming it to herself.

“Sorry I’m late.” Bianca huffed wildly, taking a seat beside me in the back. What is she doing here?

“Hey Dee!” she chirped, a little too happily for my liking. I did all I could to hurt her and push her away, yet she treats me like nothing has happened.

Smiling at the two of us through her rear-view mirror, mum reversed smoothly out of our estate and into the narrow road. Placing her favourite designer sunnies she resembled a vogue magazine model, smirking every time she noticed someone take notice of her beloved Mercedes.

The short trip was filled with mum and Bianca’s chatting meanwhile I sat quietly in my corner of the car hoping for some alone time.  The Victorian red bricked building came into view; it was the only estate other than my families and the Ryan household which is decent looking. Dr Finch’s private counselling is printed across the glass door. I remember all the times Jayne and I walked passed this place before it turned into a psychiatrist’s clinic, it was an abandoned house. One week after the Jayne thing it had transformed into a counselling office, but I’ve never seen someone go in, except for me at least.