Memoir: 29th June 2010

Hey everyone i'm officially back after being M.I.A for a very very long time. but i have my reasons i had exams and they're over now, sooo that means i'll be uploading more frequently. so as the title suggests this is a memoir and this won't be the last, they'll help build up the basis of this story so pay attention to the words...and the characters.

And enjoy my follow wattpadians.

this chapter is also dedicated to my awesome best friend @CheckeredSnow. who just joined wattpad today, so fan her she's dellusionall, crazy and utterly random oh and she thinks she has a unicorn so fan her people!

i shall shut my mouth and let you read on now...

Memoir

29th June 2010

It’s been two weeks exactly since we last moved here to Druittown. Life is, well it’s different. I should’ve started school last week but mum had some confidential business to deal with the school principal. The school is much worse compared to the pamphlet. Bianca was right, this is some tacky disadvantaged public school. The lockers seem to be falling apart, the paint job on the walls are peeling off, and there is a total of five computers in the entire high school. Everything just seems odd compared to Aschem.

Mrs Lancaster, doesn’t give off the impression of a school principal, she's dressed simply in a pair of baggy jeans and an orange sweater, mum however is dressed professionally next to her. Dressed in her black pencil skirt and patterned grey cardigan. I follow the two of them as they lead the way to my new homeroom. Mrs Lancaster comes to a stop in front of a freshly painted door, she smiles weakly at mum.

“Please excuse the paint, we’ve just been doing some adjustments for Miss Evans arrival.” I frown at this, nobody except those who work for the family called me that, even then I wouldn’t allow it. Handing me an envelope she takes a step back.

“The envelope consists of your timetable and the map of the school, I’ve personally seen to it that you get partnered up with the brightest student we have, and she also has a high IQ level just lower than yours by nine. What an honour to have you here in our school, you’re going to put this school on the map. Again such an honour to have you here Miss Evans.” She seems intimidated to talk to me and all the Miss Evans crap is getting to me, I’m not any higher than them!

“Please call me Delilah, or Dee or May if you wish, but may I ask why I will be putting this school on the map? You have a student with an IQ of 139 that’s very high. “

“Well Delilah you do have one of the highest IQ's in the southern Hemisphere and you’re right having an IQ of 139 is pretty high but once people realise that the student is from around here, they can never put their talent to good use, you have to remember this town doesn’t exactly have a good name not until you came that is.” Nodding my head in understanding I place the envelope into my satchel, smooth down my knee length skirt, and adjust my navy blazer which is worn over the gray jumper. My curls were tackled by the straightner earlier this morning by Mayella. I stand nervously in front of the door while mum runs her hands down my arms calming my nerves slightly.

Unlike all the other classes we had passed by, this room is silent, each student has a book placed in front of them, each one writing into it. For a minute it feels like I'm in Aschem again. But I notice that most of the students aren’t dressed in full uniform, in fact no one I had seen earlier did, but there are two. Just two, who wear the entire uniform head to toe. The two girls sit in the front row of the class, both have raven black hair. One of them looks up, her chocolate brown eyes meeting mine for a second, the teacher in charge along with every other student looks up to see me enter the room along with mum and Mrs. Lancaster.  The class immediately begins to whisper among each other eyeing me and my mother. I guess it’s not every day they get a new student here. The other black haired girl smiles at me, I don’t know if it’s possible but I think it’s likely she’s more beautiful than Bianca herself. I gasp once seeing her eyes, a deep mixed shade of luminous gray, that it almost looks silver. She smirks once noticing I was ogling over her eyes. The teacher in charge introduces himself to me as Dr. Harvey.