Chapter Seven: Old Friends

vote, comment and enjoy!

Previously on chapter six: (Bianca’s p.o.v)

“I know Jayne! She’s who I haven’t seen yet, oh my god where is she I miss tha-”

“Shh, you don’t say her name like that! What is wrong with you?”

“Why not?” I asked, slightly confused and feeling a little stupid after my little outburst.

“You don’t know what happened to Jayne? Of course you don’t, look at you screaming out her name like it’s the most normal thing to do.” Taking a cautious step back, Samuel looked at me confused.

“What happened to her?” the two of us asked, red headed boy looked between the two of us nervously.

“If you don’t know, it’s best we keep that way.”

Chapter Seven:

Bianca’s p.o.v

An uneasy feeling lurks in the back of my mind, all because of Jayne. I hadn’t been able to find Delilah after the whole incident. The rest of the day flew by with neither Samuel nor I being able to press the red head again. After his statement about Jayne, the kid ran off leaving Samuel and I with questions hanging. The final bell of the day rang throughout the school, students leaving the building in a flurry. With Delilah still out of sight, I walk in tow with Samuel to the front gates.

“So who’s Jayne and how do you know her?” finally breaking the silence, Samuel stared at me curiously. Unfolding my crossed arms I stop briefly as a few students push pass us.

“Jayne is Dee’s friend, the only close one here in this dump. As to how I know her, just after you left Aschem, without letting me know, might I add. I actually came to visit Dee here, and that is how I met Jayne.”

“Sorry bout that...” Samuel replied grimly.

“What? That just months after May moves you suddenly disappear, leaving the school without telling me anything. Or are you sorry for not calling me not once until one week ago?”

“I, I really can’t explain myself. Not now at least. I just need you to trust me okay?” Again with the trust shit! Glaring annoyingly at Samuel I leaned onto the rusting school gates.

“Just trust me. Okay?” he pleaded.

“Fine, but what now? We know about the nightmares, the thing with tom, that Maysee chic also changed and that something happened to Jayne. So what do we do now?”

“we bug, Delilah’s room.”

Delilah’s p.o.v

Cradling my sore wrist, I press into the newly bruised flesh. Pain rushes through my veins. Releasing my tight hold, I enter my barren room.  The grey walls greet me, my long forgotten easel sitting in the furthest corner, unassembled and picking up dust. Unclasping the platinum chain around my neck I place it inside the closest draw. It was their gift to me, before everything. Before I changed, before things went out of control and it happened. Poor Jayne, the victim of it all.  Now she’s the ghost of this town. And it’s my entire fault.

Dumping my bag at the edge of my bed I crawl under my covers. My arms snake their way around my waist. Biting on my lip I wait anxiously for them to come.

“How do you live with yourself, you’re the reason I’m like this!” her voice screeches at me. Her black hair matted, a bruise forming around her left eye. The grey eyes I’ve come to love, emotionless and dull.