8. Dolphin Boxers

Chapter 8. Dolphin Boxers.

*Fawn P.O.V*

Everyone's dead!!!!

Just kidding, their all sleeping, I got you didn't I? I'm sorry, I'm mental when I'm tired.

I make my way into the kitchen and smile. I run and try to jump onto the counter, only to slide and fall over to the other side.

I look up when I hear someone laughing at me, Derek stands there holding a glass, wearing nothing but dolphin boxers.

I smile and hold my hand out for Derek to help me up. He grabs my small hand in his big one, pulling me up only for me to ram into his hard chest.

"You're like a candy bar, half sweet and half nuts." Derek whispers, his breath fanning across my face.

I then realize that his hand is still holding onto mine. I slowly pull away.

"What are you still doing up?" I ask, jumping onto the counter, and not falling.

He sets his glass beside the sink, I watch as his shoulders slump and he runs a hand through his hair.

"Just a lot on my mind." He says, his voice seemed strained.

He wasn't like this when I first got here, but than he got a phone call and after that his mode changed.

"What happened to you're face?" Derek asks, grabbing my chin lightly, tilting my head up for a better look.

He would change the subject just when I was about to ask him if he was alright.

"I uhhh, I-" I stutter out.

Come on! You can lie to him, just don't look him in the eye

"I was playing with a baseball and threw it up in the air and when it came back down I didn't catch it so it hit my eye."

Yeah, that sounded believable

Derek gives me a weird look, but lets it slide. I jump off the counter and walk into the living room.

I lay on the pull out bed couch thing, just when I'm about to close my eyes, I feel another body lay down beside me.

I turn over only to come face to face with Derek.

"Yes?" I ask, covering my mouth when I yawn.

"I'm going to bed." Derek says with a half smile. Something in my stomach flips and I don't know if its in a good way or bad.

"Derek, you have a bed upstairs." I state, looking at him. His hair falls across his forehead.

"But who's gonna protect you from the monsters?" He asks, flashing me one of his charming smiles.

"You're not gonna leave, are you?" I ask, my voice just above a whisper.

"Nope."

I turn over and close my eyes, falling asleep, but not before feeling Derek wrap his arm around my waist and pulling me into him.

"goodnight Bambi." He whispers in my ear. 

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

I wake up to the smell of bacon.

I sit up and stretch out and roll out of the bed.

I make my way into the kitchen to see people are already eating at the table.

"If you were a transformer, you'd be optimus fine" Derek says, placing a plate full of bacon and toast in my hands.

With a small thanks I go and sit down with everyone. I look around and notice one person missing.