Chapter Three

"Hate me or love me,
either way your going to
lose me."
_________________________

Chapter Three
_________________________
When A Girl Hits A Guy It Means She Likes Him

I'm losing my patience quickly.

Their just kids

Of course I would be stuck with night shift at the daycare, which is just down the road. The owner, Karen left about 5:00pm, so two hours later I'm here making a life decision.

"Not today Jamie." I speak sternly to the young boy.

He runs off to go play when I notice the phone beeping, you have one new voice mail.

After listening to the voice mail I let out a cry of frustration. Karen had just dropped the news of me working tomorrow morning like it was nothing. She wants me to be here by 8:30am.

First she wants me to finish off from today and lock up and then come in and open up?

There's not even going to be any kids here tomorrow, its a holiday for workers but still school for me.

I erase the voice mail and turn to see Jamie bugging Katie. Katie is this sweet little girl that Jamie has become very fond of, more so for bugging but you can tell he likes her.

"Jamie did you know when a guy bugs a girl, it means he likes her." I tease, causing his cheeks to turn pink as he blushes.

He moves his hands away from Katie's hair and sits criss cross apple sauce across from her. I hear a chuckle from behind me and turn to see none other than Derek Knight.

"Sup Bambi?" Derek asks, the evil glint in his eyes. It seems every time he says Bambi there's always that evil glint.

I roll my eyes and slap his chest, my hand now stinging from the hard impact.

Damn him and his hard chest!

All he does is laugh at my attempt to hurt him. "And when a girl hits a guy, it means she likes him." Derek says to Jamie, who just smiles.

I blush at what he had said but than scowl at him. "What are you doing here Derek?" I question, putting the toys away, Katie and Jamie are sitting on the couch, talking like normal kids.

Surprisingly

"I'm here to pick up my nephew." He states while shoving his hands in his pockets.

I bite my lip, my nose scrunching up in confusion. Derek laughs and taps my nose with his finger.

"Jamie, he's family." He says looking over my shoulder at the two kids who sit on the couch. My eyes roll over his body, he's wearing jeans with a fitted black V-neck that makes him look good.

His black hair is out in every direction, like he's been running his hand through it, a lot.

"Bambi, can you stop checking me out." Derek asks huskily.

Holy shit, that's was hot

I scoff, my eyes meeting his, but I don't miss the smirk on his face. "I was not checking you out." I growl, my cheeks warming up.

Curse you blush!

"We goin' now." Jamie asks, running up between Derek and I.

"Yes, Jamie your leaving with your unintelligent twit of a family memeber, and I am forever sorry, that you know him." I say with a sickly sweet smile.