Chapter Twenty-Four: I can't

**Not edited**

Last Chapter

Out of all the people in my class why did the teacher have to pick me to go? And why did Kevin volunteer?

I felt his breath against the back of my neck.

"I want to tell you something. Can you please listen to me?"

Why do I have the same feelings about you?' Do I like you?"

"...my heart is saying that I want to see you."

Kevin's arm wrapped around me as I reached for the paint, "Don't go...I miss you."

Chapter Twenty-Four

I stood there in shock. Why is he like this? Did he just...confess? I shook my head. No. I can't be here with him. I can't like him back. I just...can't.

"Please," I said softly, "let me go,"

He was silent.

"Kevin let me go." I tried to break free. Instead he hugged me tighter.

I turned and pushed but it was useless.

"Ailee," He said, "Why are you like this? What happened to the times we hung out? Why are you suddenly ignoring me?"

I sighed, "I can't tell you,"

He loosened his grip and I moved my head out of this chest.

"I'm sorry," I letted out. I don't want to ignore him. I don't want to treat him like this.

I grabbed the paint cans, "I'll be going,"

He solemly nodded, "I'll catch up,"

_Kevin's P.O.V_

I watched her walk away from me. I sat on the ground. Why am I like this? I sighed, "Why do I feel that she is the one? "

_Ailee's P.O.V_

"I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't." I repeated to myself, "I can't like him back."

I took out my phone

To Rachel:

I need to tell you something...Meet me at my house afterschool.

I need to tell Rachel what happned. She'll know what to do.

Walking in the art class, I gave the paint to the teacher. She smiled, "Let's begin. Where's Kevin?"

"Um...He'll be here soon,"

She nodded.

A few minuted later, Kevin walked in and sat in his seat.

I sighed, "I miss you too,"

_AFTERSCHOOL_

"Rachel," I smiled as I opened my door.

"What's up?"

I sighed, "Kevin,"

"What did he do?"

I told her the whole story and buried my face into my pillow, "I don't know what to do!"

Rachel laid her hands on me, "What do you want to do?"

I kept silent.

"Ailee, what is your heart telling you?"

"I want to be with him,"

She stood up, "If that's what you want then do it. Those witches can't control your life Ailee. Sooner or later you'll live your own life. You will move on from this shitty life. Why not move on now? They can't stop you from liking someone. Don't hide away your feelings. Just forget about Ella and your stepmom and do what you want to do,"

"I don't know..."

"Just think about it Ailee and tell me,"

___________

I opened the house door and held my school books tightly to my chest keeping them dry from the rain. I sighed. I don't have an umbrella either.

I'm getting all wet. Aish! I wiped my wet hair out if the way and ran to a dry location a block away. A few minutes later I ran again.

"Ailee?" A voice called.

I stopped and looked in front of me.

I lowered my head, "Kevin,"

"What are you doing in the rain?" He looked at me, "you are drenched!"

"I'm fine,"

He sighed, "Come,"

He looked at his bodyguard and the bodyguard nodded.

Kevin grabbed my wrist and ran.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, "You'll get drenched as well!"

"Just follow me"

He led me to a room and closed the door. Where are we?

"Here,"

A set of clothes were laying on the table.

I glared at him.

"Wow, I'm helping you and this is what I get?"

"Where did you get this? Where are we?"

"The closet. and it's a secret. You're not going to say anything to me?"

"Why would I?? you took me to this random room. Who know what would happen to us if someone finds out,"

He smirked, "Don't worry, go change,"

"You Should too," I sighed, "You're all drenched because of me,"

Kevin took off his shirt.

"Ah! What do you think you are doing?" I blushed and quickly turned away.

"You told me to change," he bluntly said.

"Not right here!"

"You want me to change outside in the rain then??"

"Yes!" I screamed, "Wait no! Just turn away! back to back and don't look back! "

"Araso, araso" He chuckled

How can he act so normal after what happened last time?!

I'm going crazy!