~Chapter Fourty~

Ok. Get ready for a giant time skip.

~Scar/Race's POV~

Two Years Later

"ALL RIGHT BOYS UP, UP, UP!! DOZE PAPES AINT GONNA SELL 'EMSELVES!!" I yelled. I've been leader of Queens for merely two years now. My voice changed from a Manhattan accent to a Queens accent. I turned to the window, hugging Spot's cap in my arms for the millionth time. It was like a daily routine. Automatic. I read the note hidden in Spot's cap every night before I cry myself to sleep. It's like a nightly routine. Automatic. Spot stays glued to my mind. And I never stopped loving him.
And believe it or not--

The 'Hattan Newsies are still looking for me. You would think they would've gave up already. But no.

"Blaze! Spade! You two's ready?!" I called out to the messengers.
"Up and runnin sir!" They both replied, straightening themselves. I always tell them to call me Scar, but they refuse. "Please stop calling me sir." I chuckled. "No sir." Blaze joked. I laughed while shaking my head, even though I'm constantly dying inside.

We opened the gates of the circulation center and Batter and I bought our papes first.
"Anythin good taday, Battah?" I asked. "Hm. Not really. Mayah's daughtah breaks er toy doll." Batter reads. I widened my eyes and my mind flashed back to so long ago.

~Flashback~                                              (Chp. 3)

"Ok. Ya see, this headline is no good trash." Jack explained.
I read the headline. Mayor's son breaks toy train. I cringed. That was terrible. "So what ya gotta do is stretch da truth a bit. TRAIN CRASHES KILLING HUNDREDS!!" Jack yelled. Two men immediately walked up to him and buy his papers. "And that's how ya do it." He said, strolling back to me. I nod and slowly yell the headline but Jack interrupts me. "Hey, hey, hey. This is my sellin spot. Youse gotta find yer own." He explains. I quickly nod and run in a random direction. I find myself in front of a bridge. "Maybe there's a good selling spot down there." I say to myself as I ran. I look over and see another Newsie-- not from our lodging house though.

He just glared at me with cold blue eyes.

I nervously waved and kept walking.

~End Of Flashback~

"Scar!! SCAR!!"
I snap back to reality. "Huh?" I mumble. "Ya realize youse cryin?!" Batter whisper yelled. My eyes widened. I touched my face and it was drenched in tears. Screw it. I dug my head in my knees and cried even more. "Why youse cryin Scar." Batter stated. I think that was meant to be a question? "I'se know this is crazy.. b-but.. I still love Spot.." I choked out. "STILL?!" He said in disbelief. "You have no idea.." I whispered. I wiped my wet face dry, with some dry tears still glued to my cheeks.

I was walking with Batter out of the circulation center. "I'se thought youse was ovah him already!!" Batter said, throwing one arm in the air. I stepped in front of him with a sad, angry look. "I will never.. ever, get over him.." I said,  with my face drooping into a depressing look as I choked on tears. "Let's go.." Batter sympathetically whispered.

~After Selling~

We were all crowding Bleeko. Everyone had plates and plates of food while I just sat there, not even taking a nibble at the small piece of bread I had in front of me. "Not hungry Scar?" I hear Batter say. I just let out a sigh and pick at my food with a fork. "Please don't tell me this is about-- you know who." He said plopping down in an empty seat in front of me. I drooped my head low, trying not to let a tear fall. I looked my arm and saw the giant scar, still decorating my skin deeply. I couldn't help it. Multiple tears fell on lap as I let out small, quiet whimpers. The voices of all the Newsies drowned out as all I heard was Spot's voice saying i love you to me. I always tell myself to get over it. That those days are just-- OVER. But I can't. And I have an aching feeling I never will.

The walls felt like they were closing in on me. I gasped for air but that barely helped.
"I-I'm gonna go outside." I choked out. I got up and swiftly walked to the door. Opening it, with the bell jingling.

I breathed in the crisp autumn air. It filled my lungs but barely calmed me at all. I let out a low sob and started to slowly walk, while madly itching my wrists.

I must've walked for about an hour because I was very far from Bleeko, nearing the lodging house. I pressed my back on a cold, brick wall near a dark, dirty alleyway. I took a deep and shaky breath and tightly shut my eyes, begging for the tears not to fall out. The lump in my throat was growing bigger and bigger. I felt like you could see it bulging out of my neck.

And before I could comprehend anything, I was snatched in the alleyway, with a hand covering my muffled yelling.
💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠