~Chapter Five~

I couldn't sleep. I was afraid I would have that dream again. I had to keep myself awake somehow. I decided to take a walk. I put on my clothes and headed out.

I ran my fingers through my black hair and sighed. I decided to stop in an alleyway to take a small break. It was a cold night. But the good kinda cold. The kind that made you calm. I put my hands in my pockets and enjoyed the breeze. I smiled.
Suddenly, I felt a mouth over my hand and I was being held by somebody with skinny, but muscular arms. I looked up and saw the boy. Staring at me cold with his piercing, stormy, eyes. I got lost in them. Seeing a cold heartedness, ruthless, and...

I sprung out of bed with my pillow drenched in sweat. I looked outside. It was the middle of the night. I sighed in relief. This guy is driving me crazy. But why?! I can't even SLEEP because of him! All I could say was WHY!!
I stayed up for the rest of the night, looking out the window, waiting for the sun to rise.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

Everyone got up and got ready. "So, howdya sleep Race?" Mush asks. My eyes widened as I remembered my dream. "Great.." I said trying to stay awake.
"Sure doesn't look like it." Blink said.
"Na na na na na na." Mush said mocking him. They started to argue
"GET A ROOM." Dutchy yelled from across the room. Blink punched him in the arm giving him a weird look. I started to fall asleep but Mush slapped my back.
"Stay awake Racey boy." Mush said. "Huh? Oh yea, yea. Stay... awake..." I said as I drifted to sleep again. Mush just grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the circulation center. Stay awake, Anthony. Stay awake! I kept repeating in my head.
"Ok. How many papes Race." Weasel said. "Huh? Oh.. thoity papes.." I said shoving him fifteen cents. "Sleep well, Racey?" Weasle asks sarcastically. I just grunt at him and walk away with my papers. I leaned on a brick wall reading the headline and surprise, surprise... I fell asleep.

Spot. I heard someone whisper.

Spot.

SPOT

I woke up with a loud gasp. "Youse alright?" Blink asks.

"Yea... yea I'm fine." I said rubbing my head,

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠