~Chapter Twenty Four~

~Racetrack's POV~

Spot buried his head in my neck and sobbed his life away. "Don't ever leave me Race.." He said gasping for air, and choking on his tears. "It's ok.. I won't.." I cooed, while running my fingers through his soft hair, over and over again. I grabbed his shoulders and made him look me in the eye. "Tell me what happened." I said almost whispering. Spot's bottom lip quivered and he started crying again. He buried his head in his hands. I lifted him up. "It's a dream. I'm right here. Tell me what happened." I repeated. Spot slowly nodded with his whole body shaking. "I w-woke up, a-and youse weren't there and I was worried, s-so I went d-downstairs and I-I still couldn't find y-you. S-So I'se w-went outside and s-saw youse cryin real b-badly, I tried talking to y-ya but youse was yellin and s-screamin at me. And y-you ended up j-j-jumping off the docks and... and..." Spot stuttered so much. I could barely hear what he was saying because of the tears, but, I managed. He couldn't finish. He sobbed so loud, you can probably hear it from Manhattan. "SHH. What if ya Newsies hear ya!" I whisper yelled. "Th-They won't.. dey sleep like they'se dead.." Spot said sniffling, and wiping his nose. "Relax. It's just a dream. It won't come true." I whispered. "Yea but, we had dreams about eachotha when we didn't even meet. And look at us now." Spot smiled. I smiled back. "This one won't come true. I promise." I said as Spot laced his fingers through mine.

"I wanna ask you a really important question.." Spot said quietly, looking at the ground.
"What is it?" I said softly.
"Can we tell eachother our past?" Spot asked with pleading eyes.
I trust him. So much. I'm pretty sure we can do this.
"Yea. We can." I said with a small smile. Spot gave me a small smile back.
There was a small moment of silence.
"You first." We said at the same time. We gave eachother big smiles and a chuckle.
"I'll go first.." I offer nervously. Spot takes a deep breath and nods quickly.
I take a big gulp and begin.
"I was captured by a man and a women and I was there um.. slave." I said 'slave' quietly. Spot's eyes widened and his pupils dilated. "I-I'm so sorry--" I cut him off. "Don't be sorry. It's over. I have a better life now." I say touching his shoulder. He gives me a small smile and nods. I continue. "They did horrible things to me." I said. I saw tears pool in Spot's eyes. "Spot don't cry. Honestly, if we're gonna do this please don't cry." I plead. He nods quickly and sniffs. I pulled up my sleeve and showed him the scars, scratches, bruises and burn marks. "WHO DID THIS. I OUTTA SOAK EM." Spot yelled standing up. "Spot. Sit back down, you're not soaking anyone." I said. Spot slowly sits back down. "At least tell me his name." Spot huffed. "John." I squeaked. Spot eyes widened for a second, but then quickly shook his head. "Continue.." He whispered.
"They captured me when I was seven and I stayed there till I was fifteen. I still am fifteen. One night they went to go somewhere and I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed a couple dollars and left. Then, I met all the Manhattan Newsies at Tibby's and now I'm here." I said with a smile. Spot smiled back, grabbed my face and pressed his lips onto mine. The kiss felt like it lasted forever.

We finally pulled away for air. We pressed our foreheads together. "And I couldn't be happier." I finished.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

A/N- Just to clarify things, Spot's past will be the next chapter.