~Chapter Nine~

I didn't sleep. I wasn't even sleepy. This dream-- I couldn't put it into words. I started humming the song.     (A/N- I couldn't find the song on YouTube but I'll try to put it in a chapter).    I started singing the lyrics. "When he was tipsy, he said he was pretty, so he gave him his heart... when it was over, and they were all sober, he still had his heart--" I was cut off by Mush. "Nice song ya got there." He said. "What? Oh- sure, I guess.." I said kinda embarrassed. "Damn Race, youse can sing." Skittery said.
"Great, might as well be everyone dat heard me." I said crossing my arms.
"Where'd ya get the song from?" Blink asks. My eyes widened.
I didn't reply. "Hm?" Blink asked again. I just shrugged. I didn't want to tell anybody about this dream and I mean nobody. I layed back down with my blanket covering half of my face. I quietly hummed the song while I closed my eyes tightly letting a single tear fall onto the bed. This song just had the power to make you cry for no reason.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

Morning rolls around and Mr. Kloppman is yelling at all of us to wake up. Well... at least everyone else.. he never yelled at me. I quietly got up and started getting ready.
"Hey Race, can you sing dat song again?" Mush asks. I slowly shook my head.
"Don't you remember how it goes!" I said. "Nope. Erased out me memory somehow." Mush said. Huh.. weird. "Sellin wit us, or goin to Brooklyn?" Blink asks.
"I don't know. You guys can go ahead. I needa make up me mind." I said sitting at my bunk. Blink nods slowly and they all head out the door. I run my fingers through my jet black hair and let out a sigh.

I had a weird uncontrollable urge to see Spot. I knew his name was Spot. It all made sense. The dreams. People shutting up about him in my presence. I wanted to see him. That dream changed everything. I decided to go to Sheepshead. Again.

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠

I was humming the song the whole way there. I was on the Brooklyn Bridge when I saw him selling papers. My heart fluttered. I looked into his eyes and saw something different. Warmth and kindness. He looked at me and gave me a smirk-smile combination. I gave him a small smile and continued walking.

When he was tipsy, he said he was pretty, so he gave him his heart...

💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠⚪️💠